Director, User Experience Services
Director, User Experience Services
Digital User Experience Group
Exempt, Regular Full-Time, Pay Grade 4.1
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Director, User Experience Services. Reporting to the Associate Vice President, Digital User Experience (DUX), the Director will be responsible for leading the user experience services team in support of DUX and associated UMUC initiatives. It is envisioned that there will be multiple concurrent projects requiring these services at any one time.
This role will work across the University to advance and create a world-class digital user experience for the UMUC prospect, student, faculty, alumni, and staff. The Director, will be the “Voice of the User” and will be specifically responsible for leading the efforts associated with the development, execution, and implementation of information architectures, wireframes, clickable prototypes, content strategies, user experience tests, and supporting analytics. UMUC is committed to developing and delivering a world class digital user experience for higher education and this role will be instrumental in achieving that goal. Occasional travel between local UMUC locations may be required.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with other DUX directors, project managers, business analysis, software developers, and business unit stakeholders to ensure a good understanding of the projects and the needs for the user experience services and data analytics.
- Lead and manage the definition, development, and implementation of information architectures, wireframes, clickable prototypes, content strategies, and user experience tests.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to ensure the data analytics needs are met to support incremental improvements to the University's digital properties.
- Develop a Usability Roadmap containing recommendations for incremental improvements to the digital user experience.
- Establish and foster stakeholder relationships across UMUC to promote a positive, seamless working environment and successful delivery of digital functionality.
- Provide overall leadership and build a world-class internal team. Supervise, mentor, and foster the development of direct reports.
- Hire and supervise contractors in support of ongoing projects.
- Other job related duties as needed.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning with at least 7 years of relevant experience;
- Ability lead and manage the definition, development, and implementation of information architectures, wireframes, clickable prototypes, content strategies, and user tests;
- Ability to analyze complex data to inform user experience roadmaps and implement incremental improvements to digital properties;
- Ability to work with other project stakeholders and subject matter experts to create vision, gain buy-in, and lead cross functional teams;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; and
- Experience leading and managing a team of direct reports and contractors.
Preferred education and experience:
- An earned graduate degree;
- Experience working in a university or non-profit organization;
- Understanding of project management practices, software development processes, and agile development practices.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.