Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers to fill this role and continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
The Facility Security Officer (FSO) manages all aspects of the security and facilities programs for Intelsat General Corporation (IGC). The FSO steers the company's personnel, facilities, operations, information, and communications security activities especially with regard to classified projects for the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), Intelligence Community, special access programs, or other special customer programs. This role is responsible for implementing and administering all company security policies, procedures, and functions to assure compliance with applicable laws, government regulations, customer requirements and company policies. The FSO also supports internal customers as needed in developing innovative solutions to address the company's business needs. In addition, the FSO oversees the maintenance, repair, support, upgrade, configuration, and security of the company's offices and facilities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Performs security tasks as indicated by the National Industrial Security Operating Manual (NISPOM), by various Director of Central Intelligence Directives (DCIDs) and by guidelines issued by other government agencies.
- Oversees the administration and safeguarding of classified information for Intelsat General, ensuring compliance with all appropriate protocols, investigating security incidents, and resolving any security issues.
- Directs IGC's security team, including assistant FSO at the McLean office and two FSO personnel at remote company facilities.
- Serves as the primary liaison with the Defense Security Service (DSS) and customer program security offices regarding all security matters.
- Administers security programs related to company personnel, including programs (e.g. e-QIP) to obtain new security clearances and renew existing ones.
- Provides interpretation and advice to Intelsat General's management and other internal customers regarding security requirements and procedures.
- Executes the company's Proxy Agreement implementing procedures and reports to Intelsat General Corporation's Board of Directors and Government Security Committee (COMSEC) on compliance with these procedures.
- Serves as the company's Deputy Communications Security (COMSEC) custodian, managing two COMSEC accounts, conducting regular audits and semi-annual inventories, and maintaining the Distributed INFOSEC Accounting Systems (DIAS) database.
- Oversees the maintenance and security of the company's offices and facilities in Mclean, Hagerstown, MD, Ellenwood, GA, Fayetteville, NC, Colorado Springs, CO and other locations as needed.
- Manages the company's Joint Personnel Access System (JPAS) database and related files.
- Prepares and maintains various security forms (FCC, SPP, access rosters, etc.).
- Trains company personnel on security awareness and security compliance, including specific training on the Proxy Implementing procedures and on Operations Security (OPSEC) and security threats.
- Performs alarm response and compliance inspections, reporting any adverse information as necessary.
- Reviews emails between Intelsat General Corporation and Intelsat Corporation (the "Affiliate") on a monthly basis, to ensure that there is no undue foreign control or influence from the Affiliate.
- Obtains security and Proxy board approvals for meetings and other visits between IGC and Affiliate employees.
- Obtains necessary Defense Security Service (DSS) permissions for Affiliate attendance at quarterly IGC Board of Directors sessions.
- Prepares company personnel for visits requiring access to DoD classified and/or Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) facilities or data.
- Acts as the Technology Control Officer for IGC.
- Initiates required activities to repair, upgrade, and/or change the configuration of IGC offices or facilities, and coordinates these activities with local facility managers and Intelsat Corporate Services as appropriate.
- Maintains up-to-date contract and security personnel files for all IGC programs.
- Develops and implements program security plans for classified proposals and contracts when required.
- Prepares Department of Defense Contract Security Classification Specifications for ICG subcontractors as appropriate.
- Maintains and updates the company's System Security plans, as necessary.
- Performs administrative tasks in support of regular GSC meeting.
- Provides support for proposal security plans.
- Act as a liaison between government customers and the company, when necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree, with at least seven years of applicable experience in security clearances, government security protocols and related subjects.
- United States citizenship is required for this position.
- Must have a well-developed knowledge and understanding of United States government rules and regulations related to security and classified information, especially the directives and guidelines of the Department of Defense and the Intelligence Community.
- Must have a strong understanding of the requirements necessary to safeguard classified information.
- Must have a good knowledge of how to operate secure telephone equipment and secure fax machines and classified computer systems.
- Must be decisive and able to make important decisions promptly, even when under pressure.
- Must have strong interpersonal, oral presentation and writing skills.
- Strong leadership, management and supervisory principles preferred.
- Must hold a current Top Secret/SCI security clearance with current CI polygraph.
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.