Primary Purpose of the Position
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
The Pricing Analyst under the guidance of the Manager, Pricing, will work closely with members of the Sales, Product Management, Solutions Development and Finance organizations to provide insight and analysis on pricing strategy, pricing policy and compliance, as well as be a contact point for competitive pricing intelligence, providing input and recommendations for developing pricing plans. Will play a role in contributing to Intelsat's performance by developing and reviewing Product Management's pricing recommendations (new and existing products) to maximize the upfront revenue opportunity and ensuring that proposals comply with corporate guidelines. Will interface regularly with management and staff during pricing review discussions and on other strategic pricing initiatives.
Must have the following to be considered for the role:
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field
At least one year of relevant experience
Strong analytical skills, technical and business acumen and the willingness and interest to perform detailed financial analytical work to drive corporate results
Proven quantitative and qualitative skills including knowledge of financial modeling and program management
The ability to quickly grasp complex issues and communicate technical data effectively with all levels of management
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite with an advanced MS Excel skill set
Effective verbal and written communication skills requiredgement, staff and stakeholders
- Assist with the coordination of the pricing strategy and rate cards for Intelsat's product and service offerings. Collaborate with sales and marketing to develop the overall pricing strategy and analyze the impact of pricing on the business plan and new product initiatives
- Assist with the standardization of complex new product pricing. Actively participate in the setting, review, and revision of optimal pricing guidelines, parameters, and best practices
- Create tools/models with marketing teams to support customer pricing discussions. Build price optimization models based on an analysis of variables including value to the customer, market research data, country and/or region specific pricing conditions, and competitor price. Utilize models to assess the financial impact of pricing plans across various products
- Evaluate industry, market and competitor trends to identify opportunities to optimize sales and profitability through price strategies
- Evaluate relevant programs and recommend potential structures for pricing and programs
- Analyze all pricing activities including discounts, allowances, programs, and contract price to develop recommendations that improve profitability and mix
- Prepare reporting and analytics for pricing to highlight key trends and future opportunities
- Analyze current and future pricing strategic initiatives and non-standard deals; acts as a key point of contact for such inquiries
- Under the guidance of the Manager, Pricing provide advise to Sales related to pricing, product configuration, and business terms to support the sales effort
- Facilitate various internal functions in order to drive expeditious and high quality pricing output that requires input from a variety of internal function
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.