Research Associate I
Clongen Laboratories LLC is a CLIA certified facility located in Gaithersburg, Maryland. Clongen offers an extensive menu of PCR and Real Time Polymerase Chain Reaction assays, covering multiple panels. Our Test Menu covers Tick-borne illnesses, Respiratory Infections,Gynecology, Other Systemic Infectious Diseases, Infectious Arthritis,Parasitic infections, Viral and Fungal Infections. In addition,Clongen Labs offer a wide range of services to biotechnology,pharmaceutical, government and universities that are geared to assist researchers in lot release testing required by the FDA and other regulatory agencies (Contract Research division).
Candidate must have a minimum of a four year degree in life sciences (Biology or related field) and knowledge in Molecular Biology/Basic Biochemistry is essential. This is an entry level position for new graduates with some lab. experience during undergraduate years or following graduation.
- DNA and RNA extraction from biological and non-biological samples
- DNA amplification using Thermal Cylers
- Gel Electrophoresis, gel imaging, labeling and analysis
- Data analysis and documentation
- Other laboratory upkeep tasks as needed
- Bachelors degree in Life Sciences or related field is required.
- Being a self starter would be very helpful
- Attention to detail, well-organized and have the ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS office, use of the internet, search engines and the ability to search for information when necessary
- Knowledge of Laboratory procedures
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Health Insurance
Note: there will be a 90 day probation period before the position becomes permanent and benefits take effect
To Apply: please make sure that you follow the instructions below - Please DO NOT CALL. We will not answer questions over the phone. Just e-mail your CV in Word format to HR@clongen.com
- Resumes must be sent in MS Word or in plain text format
- Please reference position #0067- Laboratory Assistant