About the National Multifamily Housing Council
Based in Washington, D.C., the National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC) is the leadership of the trillion-dollar apartment industry. We bring together the prominent apartment owners, managers and developers who help create thriving communities by providing apartment homes for 39 million Americans. NMHC provides a forum for insight, advocacy and action that enables both members and the communities they help build to thrive.
The National Multifamily Housing Council seeks a full-time Marketing Associate to join a growing, dynamic communications team. This new position supports NMHC’s digital publishing, marketing and communications initiatives. The associate will work with the communications team to produce, post and distribute content across NMHC’s digital platforms, including newsletters, emails, NMHC.org and social media. The ideal candidate will possess a background in design, marketing and digital/web production with an impeccable attention to detail.
This position will report directly to NMHC’s Manager of Marketing and Creative Services.
- Draft and implement NMHC marketing emails
- Develop and execute marketing automation initiatives, utilizing enhanced audience targeting across all NMHC marketing efforts
- Support the development of NMHC event marketing strategy, including outlining channels and audiences
- Work with the Communication Associate on holistic communication’s strategies and timelines
- Posts content to the NMHC website
- Support newsletter creation and implementation
- Enhance NMHC’s social media presence
- Create digital and print ads
- Ensure the promotion of NMHC content, meeting's info and news alerts across web, newsletters and social media
- Creation and maintenance of marketing analytics dashboards and reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related field is preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency creating and editing news, marketing copy, blog posts or other written forms of communication for a wide audience
- A creative person with design experience using Adobe creative applications such as Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Basic experience working with content management systems or other digital publishing platforms
- Basic understanding of page formatting, image management, video, HTML or similar software/technical knowledge is a plus
- Ability to prioritize, work well under pressure and capably handle/juggle multiple tasks within tight deadlines
- Organized with an eye for detail
- Interest and willingness to learn about new marketing platforms and technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including but not limited to executives, managers and subject matter experts
- Ability to be a team player as well as work independently with minimal supervision
NMHC offers a flexible and professional work environment with competitive compensation, excellent benefits, business casual dress, and 401K.
To apply for this position, please submit the following materials electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject: Marketing Associate — [Your Last Name]:
- Cover Letter
- Two (2) Writing Samples
The National Multifamily Housing Council is an equal opportunity employer.