Major Events, Account Manager
Ridgewells Catering is seeking a highly motivated and experienced professional to join their Major Events team as an Account Manager. This multifaceted position will primarily focus on sales and client relations, but will also assist with operations.
Responsibilities will include: managing a portfolio of clients for one or more of Ridgewells’ major sporting event contracts; collaborating with the culinary team to develop fresh and inspired menus; planning customized menus to match each client’s budget and needs; designing individual service plans inclusive of staffing and equipment; serving as a liaison between the client and various departments to ensure an outstanding client and guest experience; developing staff training tools, and managing and training event staff onsite; using event software to place orders, run reports and ensure accurate billing; assisting with operations projects and assigned vendors; accounting duties such as invoicing and accounts payable; and maintaining food safety standards.
A successful candidate will have proven customer service experience in high volume environments, adaptability and flexibility in fast-paced environments, the ability to think and work proactively and creatively, and solve problems and make decisions effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Hospitality, Event Management, or related field;
- 5+ years of professional experience in the event production, sales and/or customer service;
- Knowledge and interest in food a must;
- Impeccable organization and attention to detail;
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal);
- Team player with an outgoing, helpful personality, and positive, can-do attitude;
- Physical and mental capability to work long hours on your feet, while interacting with clients, guests and staff, at outdoor events;
- Proficient use of MS Office (specifically MS Excel) with the ability to pick up new computer programs quickly - experience in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop are a plus;
- Some travel, including up to 25 consecutive days from mid-May to early-June
How to apply: Email resume. Please put “ME Account Manager” in the subject line of the e-mail.