Senior Associate, Talent Management
The Senior Associate is a key member in the Talent Management team and is responsible for directly supporting and assisting with all facets of work, activities and meetings for the Talent Management team including meetings coordination, preparing reports and presentations, processing invoices and expenses, tracking expenses, travel arrangements, creating and updating databases, preparing onsite events, and other relevant administrative tasks. The Senior Associate performs a variety of administrative office and/or technical support activities within the department/team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION:
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Directly supports the Director, Talent Management and Director, Board Development with all administrative duties as assigned. Work in collaboration with all members of the Talent Management team and provide support.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings between the Talent Management team and other UWW and local United Way teams and individuals, including external vendors and partners. Maintain Vice President’s calendar, and all confirmation/cancellations in a timely manner.
- Coordinate in-person meetings and/or events for the Talent Management Team: By securing MGLC meeting room set-up, managing program/event information, correspondence with participants as needed, printing marketing and learning materials, providing additional resources as requested and needed for a given event (eg. data management, producing tent cards, name cards, ordering supplies, managing catering, etc).
- Conferences and event organizing and planning off-site: support with organizing off-site conferences and events, negotiate and execute contracts with vendors, create materials (copying, printing, binding, shipping), support logistics and prepare relevant materials as requested.
- Assist with managing the department’s budget by proactively, timely and accurately processing all department’s expenses.
- Responsible for expenses, invoices and contracts processing and tracking: invoice payments/reimbursements, contract legal processing and tracking, all financial and administrative duties pertaining to expenses as per the budget and United Way legal process.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for all members of the Talent Management team: reserving hotel accommodation, travel tickets, provide materials, printing documents and preparing all logistics necessary for successful travel; post-travel timely process and submit all expenses and track in a budget report.
- Maintain departmental databases and tracking systems for Talent and Board projects, events, provide support to the Talent Team members as needed (eg. Board member database, registration of Board members in United Way Online, Salesforce, and the Board Newsletter, posting jobs via Jobiqo, etc).
- Coordinate the office supplies, purchasing and inventory for the Talent Team.
- Maintain confidentiality of information reviewed, processed and/or filed.
- Prioritize and manage work load to ensure timely achievement of deliverables.
- Communications: Handle phone inquiries and complaints by directing them to the right person and/or department. Support a positive team environment through active participation in team-related activities.
- Assist with the switchboard coverage rotation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requires a high school diploma. Bachelor’s degree preferred. At least three years of intermediate level experience in a similar role. Requires strong skills in Microsoft Office suite, computer and Internet research skills; flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors. Attention to detail is essential. The idea candidate will have strong communication skills (written and verbal), and a clear ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-836-7100, ext. 324 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
Thank you for your interest in employment with United Way Worldwide. You will be contacted if your qualifications are a good match and you are selected for an interview.