Director of Finance & Administration
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Finance and Administration will implement the infrastructure and systems needed to support strategic objectives. She or he will be responsible for the oversight of administrative and financial systems including finance, accounting, information technology, human resources, and physical infrastructure. As a member of the senior management team, the Director of Finance and Administration will be involved in a range of strategic planning and internal initiatives. As ASIS&T is a small staff organization, this position is both managerial and operational in nature and requires significant hands-on accounting capability and responsibility.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the ED; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Establish and maintain the chart of accounts.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the board of directors.
- Working with the Accounting Assistant, ensure all transactions are handled in a timely fashion and correctly entered into the Quickbooks accounting system.
- Produce monthly financial statements for review by the Executive Director and Treasurer
- Staff liaison to the Executive Committee when it serves as the Finance Committee of the association, responsible for minutes & schedules.
- Researches and responds to treasurer’s questions and concerns, writing variance reports for treasurer to report at board meetings. Works closely with the Executive Director and Treasurer to ensure we meet the financial goals of the association.
- Directs personnel administration including new hire paperwork, summary of benefits, orientation of new staff on benefits including insurance and retirement.
- Negotiates contracts for all insurance related aspects of the association, life, ltd, std
- Serves as first point of contact for employee grievance and whistleblower policies.
- Ensures compliance with all laws relating to human resource issues in associations.
Prepares annual report filings, personal property tax filings and responsible for all federal tax deposits being made in a timely manner for ASIS&T & DCMI.
- Maintain an efficient and effective work environment for all staff by managing all aspects of office operations.
- Ensures the functioning of all office equipment by maintaining vendor relationships.
- Negotiates and recommends the purchase or lease of all equipment.
- Oversees work of IT vendor
- Manages office supply needs and budget
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops and provided training.
- Follows internal controls and recommends improvement to policies and procedures.
- Negotiates all contracts associated with insurance brokers and investment brokers.
- Liaison with investment firm regarding prize funds.
- Recommend cost effective equipment/lease decisions.
- Works closely with the membership department to coordinate dues numbers are accurate.
- All other duties as assigned
This individual works closely with ASIS&T volunteers including interaction with board and committee members. Regular interaction with vendors and contractors, as well as partner organizations.
This individual reports to the Executive Director of the ASIS&T and works closely with all other staff as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business, MBA/CPA preferred.
- 3 - 5 years' of financial and operations management experience, preferably in an association setting.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement best practices in financial and operations management.
- Solid knowledge of non-profit organizations, GAAP standards, and fund accounting.
- Proven experience in managing the quality and content of all financial and accounting data, reporting, and coordinating audits for an organization or significant department/program.
- Solid understanding of contracts management and compliance.
- Proven experience working with a cloud-based suite of finance, accounting and human resources systems.
- Knowledgeable of best practices in human resources management.
- Demonstrated ability to work with IT staff to develop and implement new processes and systems that increase efficiency.
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to multi-task while also being highly detail-oriented.
- Minimum 1 year working in a Quickbooks environment.
- Meets and exceeds all financial goals for the organization
- Consistently clean audit reports
- Ability to meet and exceed deadlines
- Responsiveness to internal and external audiences
- Quality, creativity, and accuracy of work product
- Follow-through and ownership of responsibilities
- Effective interpersonal communication with internal and external audiences
- Ability to develop creative solutions and new approaches to delivering programs and services to members
- Positive evaluation by volunteer leaders of committees for which staff member is responsible
- Timeliness of deliverables of the committees for which the staff member is responsible
- Ability to travel up to 20 days per year
Please email your resume and cover letter (required) to firstname.lastname@example.org.