INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (APPSW)
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required for training or consultation.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include:
- Evaluating technological developments as they relate to data flow, data ingest, web, satellite image, processing, and digital product dissemination.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include:
- Integrating computers and workstations with different operating systems and application software.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include:
- Preparing reports, recommendations, and technical summaries on data flow, design/performance and operating procedures to present to a higher level.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include:
- Using programming knowledge and theory to provide recommendations to avoid potential system conflicts and information security hazards.
In addition to my experience demonstrating the four competencies above,
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-09 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
- Using information systems management and programming skill in Interactive mode programming languages (such as Perl and Python) and Object-oriented class-base programming languages (such as C++ and VB.Net) to support dataflow design, script development for data ingest, web application development, and communication infrastructure;
- Establishing research methods to improve the functionality of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Satellite Imagery Processing and Analysis Systems (SIPAS);
- Integrating computers and workstations with different operating systems, application software and communication protocols to produces a suit of products in an operational environment
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/2200/information-technology-it-management-series-2210-alternative-a/
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE FOR GS-11: Applicants may substitute the following education for the required experience, provided it demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to do the work of the position:
You have successfully completed a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree from an accredited or pre-accredited institution in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management.
You have successfully completed 3 full years (54 hours) of progressively higher graduate level education from an accredited or pre-accredited institution in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management; or, graduate education that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks.
(YOU MUST SUBMIT YOUR TRANSCRIPTS).
COMBINATION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be combined to meet the total qualification requirements.
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Additional vacancies may be filled by this announcement.
This position is subject to work an uncommon tour, including nights, weekends, and holidays to meet mission requirements. Overtime or night differential pay and/or unusual duty hours may be required.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
This position is eligible for part time, full time or ad-hoc telework at the discretion of management.
If you are unable to apply online and request information about the Alternate Application process, please contact the Department of Navy's Employment Information Center.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf
ICTAP Applicants: To be considered well-qualified and exercise selection priority as an ICTAP candidate for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a rating in the well qualified category or higher. For more information about ICTAP eligibility please review the following link: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/unique-hiring-paths/federal-employees/ictap/
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
When the application process is complete, we will review your resume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, along with your supporting documentation to determine your ability to demonstrate the following competencies:
- APPLICATION SOFTWARE
- DATA AND CONTENT MANAGEMENT
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY CUSTOMER SUPPORT
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SYSTEMS ANALYSIS
- WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
You will be evaluated and rated under Category Rating selection procedures. Additional points are not added for veterans' preference; however, preference is still applied. Applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of three categories:
Best Qualified - Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for announced position.
Well Qualified -Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for announced position.
Qualified - Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for announced position.
If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
If after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities or you may be found ineligible/not qualified.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
All qualifications requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. Read more Security clearance Top Secret/SCI Drug test required Yes