Child and Youth Program Assistant (Entry Level 2, Skill Level 3, Target Level 4), CY-1702-01/02
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Position-specific Conditions of Employment
1. All required background checks of AR 215-3, Chapter 2, paragraph 2-13:
- Obtain and maintain Childcare National Agency Check with Inquires, which includes State Criminal Repository Checks (reverified every five years);
- Installation Records Checks (reverified every five years);
3. Physical evaluation, including immunizations (annual requirement); AND
4. Possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds, walk, bend, and stoop and stand on a routine basis.
5. Be 18 years old within 30 days of application;
6. Communicate in English orally and in writing;
7. Complete prescribed training in the required timeline; AND
8. Report all suspected incidents of child abuse/neglect.
General Conditions of Employment
1. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The Defense Logistics Agency is an E-Verify Participant.
3. You will be required to show Social Security card upon appointment to a NAF position.
4. Incumbent must be available and flexible to work the hours anywhere from 5:45 am until 5:45 pm.
5. Direct Deposit is required. To be qualified at the Entry Level 2 you must:
1. Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate
To be qualified at the Skill Level 3, you must meet one of the below requirements:
1. In addition to a high school diploma/GED certificate, at least three months working in a group program with children or youth, AND Army or other military service Entry Level Training as evidenced by service-issued Certificate of Completion;
2. In addition to a high school diploma/GED certificate, at least six months of experience working in a group program with children or youth AND nine (9) semester hours of college credit with course content directly related Child Development Centers/School Age Services including: Early Childhood Education/Child Development, Elementary Education, Special Education, Youth Development, or directly-related behavioral or cultural science (developmental psychology, child psychology/sociology, sociology of the family, gender identity, parenting.); OR
3. In addition to a high school diploma/GED certificate, at least six months of experience working in a group program with children or youth AND a one year vocational certificate in child care or equivalent to other child/youth programs.
To be qualified at the Target Level 4, you must meet one of the below requirements:
1. In addition to a high school diploma/GED certificate, at least 18 months of experience working in a group program with children or youth, plus Army or other military service Foundation Level Training as evidenced by service-issued Certificate of Completion;
2. In addition to a high school diploma/GED certificate, at least 18 months of experience working in a group program with children or youth AND an associates degree or at least 60 semester hours of college credit which includes a major course of study (24 semester hours) with content directly related Child Development Centers/School Age Services including: Early Childhood Education/Child Development, Elementary Education, Special Education, Youth Development, or directly-related behavioral or cultural science (developmental psychology, child psychology/sociology, sociology of the family, gender identity, parenting.);
3. A bachelor's degree or at least 120 semester hours which included a major course of study (24 semester hours) in the subject areas in #2; OR
4. A current Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential or Military School Age Credential.
NOTE: You MUST provide copies of transcripts or certifications to qualify for a specific level. Failure to provide transcripts or certifications at time of application will result in you being qualified and hired at the Entry Level 2. Once on board, you may provide the documentation supporting a higher level to your supervisor for non-competitive placement to the highest level you qualify for; however, you will NOT be back paid.
Education requirements are found in the Qualifications section of this job opportunity announcement.
Information about Standing Registers/Open Continuous Job Opportunity Announcements: Once you have been determined to be both qualified and eligible for the position, you will be referred to the selecting official on the next referral certificate which matches your requested preference/employment category. If you are not selected, you will continue to be referred out on subsequent referral certificates until you are selected, 90 days from the date you submitted your application, or the closing date of the job opportunity announcement, which ever is later. If management is interested in interviewing you you, they will contact you for an interview. Management will attempt to contact you three times to set up an interview. If you fail to reply to a request for an interview, you will be marked as "failure to reply." If you are a "failure to reply" for two or more referral certifications, your application will be marked as "inactive" and you will no longer be referred out to the selecting official. If management sets up an interview, which you do not attend the interview and do not cancel, your application will be marked "inactive" and you will no longer be referred to the selecting official. In the event your applicant is marked as inactive for any reason, you must reapply to continue receiving consideration.
180-day Restriction for Military Retirees: Military retirees are unable to be appointed to NAF positions for 180 days after their retirement date, as documented on their DD-214. Military retirees who, by 09/30/2018, have been retired from the military for more than 150 days may apply; however, they will not be appointed until they have reached the 180 day mark. Waivers will not be granted for Child and Youth Program Assistant positions.
The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants (civilian) will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants.
The Department of Defense provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
The Defense Logistics Agency Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
This is a bargaining unit position.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Application packages will be evaluated to determine if the applicant demonstrated in his/her resume the required experience and submitted the required supporting educational supporting documentation. Failure to include information that clearly demonstrates experience, education, or other qualifying factors (i.e. dates, grades) may result in an ineligible rating. Please include MONTH and YEAR for each period of employment. Applicants who do not provide month and year for each will be afford the least amount of qualifying time, i.e. 2017-2018 will be counted as December 2017 through January 2018 (2 months of experience).
Applicants will be qualified at the highest Level (Entry, Skill, or Target) based on the experience documented in their resume and the education requirements supported by the submitted documentation. If an applicant fails to provide the required educational supporting documents at time of application, he/she will be rated, referred to the selecting official, and, if selected, hired at Entry Level-2. Any changes to Levels based on supporting documentation provided outside of the application process will be initiated after the entrance on duty date and effective the beginning of the pay period after received in the NAF HR Office. Current or Former NAF employees MUST adhere to this requirement. Submitting a personnel action (DA 3434 or Service equivalent) is not sufficient supporting documentation to establish Level.
Your resume MUST contain contact information include a complete mailing address and telephone number. Applicants will be rated "Ineligible" if their resume is missing a complete mailing address and telephone number. We encourage you to include your email address on your resume.
Current and former Federal employees MUST include their official position title (from the SF-50, DA 3434 or Service equivalent), pay plan, series, grade, Department/Agency, duty location. Failure to provide all of this information may result in the experience not being considered as qualifying experience, which may result in a rating of "not qualified."
NOTE: Redacting official supporting documents, such as DD 214s, SF-50s, DA 3434s, etc, including "blacking" out social security numbers, DOB, addresses, etc., may result in you not being afforded the requested employment/preference category.
Inappropriate materials, such as pictures/classified information, which are loaded as part of your application package will result in the application being marked as "Ineligible" and it will receive no consideration.
Credit may be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.Credit may be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
Applicants must meet all eligibility and qualifications determinations within 30 days of 09/30/2018.