Job Category : Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Working hours :
Salary : $18-$20/hour; Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
George Mason Universityâ€™s Stearns Center for Teaching and Learning is seeking a temporary (not to exceed six months) Office Manager for Digital Learning. This position reports to the Director for Digital Learning and serves a team of approximately 12 administrative faculty and classified staff. The Stearns Center is very active with multiple teams, projects and events that serve faculty across the university.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- General office management including office supplies, space management, key control and equipment inventory, telecom and facilities work orders, and part-time staff supervision;
- Fiscal management including budget systems (eVA and pCard purchasing according to university guidelines, travel authorization), budget reconciliation, and travel authorizations and reimbursements;
- HR liaison including support for candidate searches and staff onboarding;
- Providing high-quality general administrative support to Stearns Center;
- Working in collaboration with other administrative staff in Digital Learning and Teaching Excellence;
- Cross-train responsibilities to ensure effective office continuity at all times.
- Ability to work as part of a team but also act independently;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced office environment;
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Outlook and Word required;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Masonâ€™s office systems including Banner and MicroStrategy preferred.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number WG9331 at https://jobs.gmu.edu/ by August 14, 2018; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date : 2018-08-14