Part-time WD&CE Middle Eastern History Instructor
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Job TitlePart-time WD&CE Middle Eastern History Instructor
Job Description SummaryJob Description Summary
Montgomery College is accepting applications for the Lifelong Learning Institute, a non-credit program that serves individuals ages 50 and over. We are currently seeking enthusiastic and dedicated faculty members to teach a class - A Century of Middle Eastern History, 1917 - 2018 at the Davis Library. Faculty members must exhibit a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrate the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
This class is offered on Mondays, October 1 - December 17, 2018; 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
8 sessions no class October 8, November 5, November 12, or November 19.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., MC is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.Job Description
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management's sole discretion.
Duties Included But Not Limited To:
- Teach short-term (2 - 6 sessions), non-credit courses to adult learners.
- Provide demonstrations, lecture, role-play, and group activities. Manage classroom. Administrative classroom responsibilities.
- Prepare and develop course curriculum.
- Master's Level Degree is required. Ph.D.is preferred.
- Teaching experience with diverse age student population.
- Engaging presentation style.
- Proficiency with computer technology - e-mail, MS Office skills (MS Word and MS PowerPoint).
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
- For consideration, you must:
- include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
- Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.