Email Marketing Specialist
Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.
The Washington Post is seeking a self-motivated and knowledgeable Email Marketing Specialist to join our Digital Subscriptions Marketing team. The ideal candidate has a strong appreciation for news media/journalism, is excited about all things email, and is comfortable with a fast-paced work environment and strict deadlines. This position will be primarily focused on developing and executing email marketing campaigns for both new subscriber acquisition and existing subscriber retention.
- Reformatting, building, testing, troubleshooting, and sending transactional and marketing emails using HTML/CSS
- Work with the Digital Marketing Manager to develop automated, transactional and ad-hoc email campaigns
- Provide recommendations to drive better results based on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), as well as ideas for multivariate (A/B) testing
- Create and update reports on email campaign performance derived from channel analytics and in-house data systems
- Run queries within our Email Service Provider (ESP) to develop dynamic lists and audiences for email marketing
- Provide competitor analysis/research
- Provide quality control across digital platforms including device type, email platform and browser
- Have a B.S or B.A.
- 1-2 + years of email marketing experience, including lead nurturing, automated marketing, and ad hoc marketing emails
- Manage the design, development and execution of email marketing campaigns which includes: coding emails using HTML and CSS, gaining approval from stakeholders, testing emails across platforms and devices using Litmus and other tools, and monitoring email campaign performance
- Produce weekly updates and reporting on transactional, automated and ad hoc email marketing campaigns for stakeholders
- Set up A/B tests and evaluate email metrics and other digital analytics to inform the development of new tests and to optimize existing programs
- Experience with Email Service Providers (ESPs) such as Marketo, Sailthru, or Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Familiarity with multi-channel campaign execution (email, social, search, and additional channels)
- Knowledge of templating languages like Nunjucks or Handlebars
- Experience coding email using the hybrid method
- Experience using email personalization products like MovableInk or Liveclicker
- Experience tracking campaigns and working in Adobe Analytics (Omniture)