Government Relations (Healthcare) and Membership and Operations Associate
SmithBucklin, a 100-percent employee-owned association management company, is looking for a Government Relations (Healthcare) and Membership and Operations Associate to join its Washington, D.C. team.
To positively impact laws, regulations, policies and other decisions regarding their industries or professions, client organizations leverage the proven advocacy work and expertise of SmithBucklin's subject-matter experts, lobbying professionals, and chief staff executives. The Government Relations (Healthcare) and Membership and Operations Associate will provide administrative assistance to five healthcare association clients and their staff teams. Responsibilities include scheduling conference calls, drafting meeting minutes, monitoring and researching healthcare policy, basic client communications, website organization, and monitoring client and staff project plans. Candidates must have the ability to work independently, multi-task, write and communicate well, and understand basic advocacy and policy work.
What You Will Do
- Research and develop data to support advocacy efforts
- Schedule client and staff conference calls and meetings
- Manage staff schedules
- Manage client databases for various projects and initiatives
- Provide support to association committees, client volunteers, and GR/PHA staff to help client teams meet strategic goals and measureable outcomes
- Regularly communicate with association volunteers
- Develop and maintain client and team project plans
- Develop and coordinate updates and messages to association members
- Support and coordinate Capitol Hill and agency meetings for staff and client associations members
- Manage and update client websites
- Record minutes for client conference calls and staff meetings
- Build and sustain strong member relations through attentive detail in handling member requests and volunteer interaction
- Provide administrative and project support to the client and staff team, including database maintenance and reporting
- Coordinate and maintain financial projects, membership dues, registration, and AP/AR
- Write and produce content for association member e-newsletters and other electronic communications
- Help staff prepare for conferences, board meetings, and seminars
- Conduct research and analysis to support legislative initiatives
This Role Might Be for You If…
- You have an interest in healthcare policy, association management, and advocacy
- You have a basic knowledge and understanding of the issues directly impacting the healthcare industry
- You display strong interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service
- You have strong analytical, writing, and verbal communication skills
- You are proficient in time-management and organization, and exhibit a strong attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year institution
- 0-2 years' office experience in regulatory or policy development, ideally with an agency or association, or on Capitol Hill
- Experience with, and interest in, a variety of healthcare policy issues
- Proficient with basic computer programming, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge, and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine, and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep, and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career. As a 100-percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people—regardless of position or compensation—an equal chance to reap the benefits of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in building a great, enduring company.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At SmithBucklin, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status designated by federal, state, or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successfully completing a reference and background investigation based on position.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/f7zkhjfmymms4y7t