Executive Chef / Kitchen Manager
Executive Chef/ Kitchen Manager
Responsibilities and duties:
- Directs culinary team in the performance of their daily duties, focusing on attaining the highest quality of food preparation, consistency, accuracy and timeliness.
- Runs shifts effectively while providing constructive feedback.
- Oversees the cleanliness and organization of all work stations, ensuring compliance with all procedures and sanitation standards. Ensures proper cleaning and sanitation of all kitchen equipment including refrigerators, freezers, rolling racks, dry storage and surrounding areas.
- Communicates professionally with the office staff and production manager in relation to time guidelines, counts and special products.
- Reports incidents of performance deficiencies, insubordination and injuries to the production manager and office to complete proper forms.
- Educates and coaches all culinary team members in all aspects of cooking skills, ingredients and recipe requirements.
- Monitors and ensures proper inventories for all food products
- Responsible for ensuring all opening and closing procedures are properly completed by assigned team members.
- Manages proper uniform appearance of kitchen and production staff.
- Responsible for monitoring posted work schedule.
- Requires all kitchen staff to use the scale when making recipes to ensure recipes are followed accurately.
- Organizes recipes for the kitchen team for the following day.
- Ordering of products in a timely fashion, always double checking quantities for all necessary products recipes that need to be completed within the following 6 days. (working with the chef)
- Complete all necessary checklists, and production schedules to be submitted to the office for digital logbook.
- Fill out proper production forms and staple the recipe to the form; sign and date the form.
- Understand and implement FIFO (First In First Out)
- Restock products that are used most frequently before and after each shift.
- Any and all other duties assigned
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Associates Degree of higher from an accredited culinary school
Experience / Certifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of cooking experience.
- ServSafe Certified or ability to obtain
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Advanced level of culinary skill with excellent knife skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and presentation skills required.
- Must have demonstrated ability in organizational, time management, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to monitor, evaluate and solve operations problems as they arise.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to be adaptable, dependable and handle multiple priorities.
- Excellent logistical planning and delegating skills
- Must display a high level of energy, self-motivation and maintain a positive attitude when faced with challenges.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends based upon business needs.
- Regular work requires a great deal of standing, lifting, bending, and stretching.
- Must be able to stand for a minimum of 8 hours.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures of hot and cold for extended periods.
Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds, and with assistance be able to lift and carry up to 70 pounds or more.