Clinical Research Associate
The purpose of this position is to participate in the Association's efforts to promote evidence-based practice among its members. This will involve development of educational initiatives as well as projects to make scientific research more accessible to clinical audiences.
- Work with teams of staff and volunteer members to undertake systematic reviews of the scientific literature on clinical questions of importance to the discipline.
- Develop educational materials and presentations on the skills needed by clinicians to integrate scientific evidence into clinical decision-making.
- Participate in projects designed to bring the findings from scientific research to clinical audiences.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Master’s degree in communication sciences and disorders or related field
- ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence—or international equivalent—in speech-language pathology or audiology
- One or more years of experience in the direct provision of speech-language pathology or audiology services
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software applications
- Successful completion of one or more graduate-level courses in statistics or quantitative methods
- Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Functions well in a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, including a demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously