Project Manager - Business
Do you want to help ensure safety in the Oil and Natural Gas industry?
Come join the American Petroleum Institute (API) as a member of our Global Industry Services (GIS) team. GIS is dedicated to providing valuable products and services to the international oil and gas industry through certification, training, publications, statistics, and events.
As our Business Project Manager, you will be a member of the New Programs and Operational Excellence Team (NPOE). This team supports API’s Global Industry Services (GIS) division. The NPOE is responsible for the following functions: GIS Project Management Office, New Programs Development, and Process Improvement. The Business Project Manager will support each of these teams using project management best-practices to drive projects through the project lifecycle.
This is a highly visible position and requires a business minded individual that has experience driving outcomes. Strong skills in communication, influencing, meeting management and facilitation are needed. Candidates with exposure to program/product development, Lean Six Sigma and Agile methodologies are preferred.
You will be responsible to:
- Ensure outcomes are achieved with quality, on-time and within budget
- Achieve operational objectives by developing project plans, managing a project’s day-to-day work, and working with clients, vendors and internal staff to drive execution
- Lead cross-functional teams, without having direct authority
- Analyzing data and make logical inferences and recommendations
- Present data in the right form (graphs, charts or tables) for decision-making and problem-solving
- Perform project administrative duties such as creating presentations, recapping meetings, scheduling meetings and updating documentation
- Communicate effectively in writing and orally to various audiences
You will possess the following qualifications:
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience in Business Management
- 5 to 8 years experience
- Ability to plan and manage small to medium sized non-technical projects
- Meeting facilitation, influencing and consulting skills
- Strong skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Project
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow or Green Belt
- Exposure to Agile project management methodologies
The American Petroleum Institute (API) is the only national trade association representing all facets of the oil and natural gas industry, which supports 10.3 million U.S. jobs and nearly 8 percent of the U.S. economy. API’s more than 625 members include large integrated companies, as well as exploration and production, refining, marketing, pipeline, and marine businesses, and service and supply firms. They provide most of the nation’s energy and are backed by a growing grassroots movement of more than 40 million Americans.
Although our focus is primarily domestic, in recent years our work has expanded to include a growing international dimension, and today API is recognized around the world for its broad range of programs. Learn more about API at www.api.org.
As an API team member, you will enjoy competitive wages, excellent benefits, a generous PTO plan with paid holidays and a great working atmosphere.
API is an EOE M/F/D/V.
This job outline describes the typical accountabilities and requirements of the position and should not be construed as an all encompassing description of every duty performed by or expected of the incumbent.
© 2017, ADP LLC USA P