Area Security Officer
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Minimum one year office experience. Must possess a Secret security clearance and have the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance and SCI clearance.
Highly qualified candidates will possess the following Knowledge/Skill/Abilities:
1. Knowledge of policies and procedures of the House of Representatives and United States Capitol Police.
2. Excellent oral commuications skills and strong written communications skills.
4. Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
5. Professional telephone manner.
6. Ability to listen carefully and respond in a tactful and courteous manner to requests and inquiries from Members of Congres, congressional staff, official business vistors and the general public.
7. Ability to work well under pressure and maintain a professional and courteous work disposition.
8. Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships within the Congressional community.
9. Ability to maintain and troubleshoot office equipment to include telephones, copiers and fax machines.
10. Ability to work outside of normal business hours when necessary.
Employment is contingent upon satisfactorily completing a criminal history records check and pre-employment drug screening. The Office of the Sergeant at Arms is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment. Employment with the U.S. House of Representatives is at-will. This position has been determined to be exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Veteran’s Preference Information:
Hiring for this position is governed by the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act. Only applicants seeking veterans’ preference consideration should email email@example.com for further information.
Title 1 of the Ethics in Government Act of 1978, as amended (5 U.S. C app§ 101 et seq.) requires certain House employees, to file Financial Disclosure Statements, for information please visit http://clerk.house.gov/public_disc/financial.aspx.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Highly qualified candidates will be evaluated based on a structured interview.Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required Yes