Advancement Events Specialist
Job Category : Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Advancement Events Specialist
The George Mason University office of Advancement seeks an enthusiastic and energetic person for an Events Specialist position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Under the direction of the Assistant Vice President for Advancement Initiatives and Engagement, the Events Specialist will observe and assist with various event-related projects throughout the Office of Advancement and Alumni Relations division, and will provide assistance to various colleges and units within the Advancement division.
- Assist with the planning and coordination of meetings and events
- Assist with the creation of event collateral materials, signage, printed pieces, and files
- Create events online using Advance and iModules or other approved event platforms.
- Coordinate and execute on-site event management, including but not limited to:
- Participate and work at all Advancement events as schedule permits.
- Assist with online and in person registration
- Assist with the recruitment of volunteers and the communication of expectations to the volunteers prior to the event
- Provide physical assistance at major events and other events as assigned to include set up, break-down and AV support
- Assist with the development and maintenance of mailing, media, and guests lists
- Organize and maintain inventory of event supplies
- Enter data into spreadsheets and databases to track registrations
- Develop and administer post-event evaluation surveys.
- Prepare post-event/program cost analyses reports for various programs throughout the fiscal year.
- Attend staff and committee meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, verbal (including phone skills), and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with multiple priorities often occurring simultaneously.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Advanced computer skills. Must be fluent with the Microsoft Office suite, and be highly skilled in the use of MS Excel and the mail merge function specifically.
- Interest in Higher Education, Nonprofit Management, Event Planning or Hospitality Management industries.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within a diverse environment of alumni, donor volunteers, students, faculty, staff, and the general public.
- Ability to represent the Advancement and Alumni Relations division in a positive and professional manner.
- Graphic Design experience a plus
- Some comparable work experience.
- Candidates must have reliable transportation since this position requires regular regional travel
- Current graduate students are encouraged to apply.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :