Operations Research Analyst
• Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Business Administration or related field
• 1-3 years of work experience (including internships) performing Data Science, Statistical or Industrial Engineering related work activities
• Master’s Degree
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
Satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this position, if required. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of this position either with or without reasonable accommodations.
As a member of the Chief Operating Officer’s (COO) Strategic Initiatives Group, this position works on key strategic projects that seek to secure long-term improvements across the COO departments. The position involves research, analysis, solution design, implementation and evaluation of process improvement projects in support of operational departments. The position is required to build relationships at all levels of the Authority in order to secure lasting improvements in the way the Authority operates.
• Gathers a broad range of quantitative and qualitative data using data collection methods suitable for the specific business environment, including surveys, workshops, interviews, and task analysis in order to build a deep understanding of business problems
• Conducts analysis of quantitative and qualitative data to identify the root causes of a variety of business problems
• Converts findings from analyses into actionable recommendations and implementable solutions
• Produces a high volume of high quality documents to support the design, communication and implementation of findings and recommendations, including but not limited to business process maps, slide presentations, dashboards, policies and procedures
• Coordinates the execution of tasks and deliverables across projects in order to convert evidence-based research findings and recommendations into implemented solutions that are beneficial to the organization. This includes but is not limited to research, analysis, stakeholder engagement, implementation, change management, evaluation and monitoring
• Builds and manages relationships with a broad range of stakeholders and partners at all levels of the organization, enabling deep understanding of business problems and implementation of lasting solutions.
The essential duties listed are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Nor is it intended to limit in any way the right of managers and supervisors to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Personal Interview
- Skills Assessments
- Verification of education and experience
- Criminal Background Check
- Successful completion of a medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening
- Review of a current Motor Vehicle Report
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, a Federal contractor, is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Our hiring process is designed to be accessible and free from discrimination.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.