(Senior) Manager, Data Strategy and Analytics (1157-679)
The (Sr.) Manager, Data Strategy and Analytics is a supervisory position within the Strategy and Business Development (SBD) division. The DS&A team leads data strategy and performs a centralized business analytics supporting all levels of the organization including the Executive Team. The (Sr.) Manager is responsible for the analytics component of DS&A’s remit. The (Sr.) Manager accomplishes this through a high-performing, global team of analytics professionals with a diverse set of skills (e.g., forecasting, segmentation, modeling, statistical analytics, informatics, etc.). The team is based in the USA and India. The (Sr.) Manager works collaboratively across the organization to ensure analytical insights and tools are incorporated into decision making processes. In addition, the Senior Manager ensures continuity and quality of analytical work across the globe, including both global analytics and market-specific analytics. Finally, the (Sr.) Manager ensures projects address the business need and are completed on time, within budget.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide data and insights through dashboard and reporting building as well as ad hoc analysis by utilizing transactional data, science data, regulatory data as well as 3 party syndicated data.
- Manages a team of analytics professionals in the US and India through goal setting, monitoring, coaching, mentoring, and other developmental techniques.
- Serves as the global functional manager for strategic analytics for all of USP sites and country operations. This includes planning, budgeting, staffing, prioritization, facilitation, and quality oversight.
- Leads analytics projects in support of strategic initiatives, business development, and other needs of the organization partnering with SBD and SMPO
- Identifying issues, understanding market landscape, planning and conducting insights and strategic research, forming hypotheses, creating recommendations
- Build short-term and long-term data solutions strategy partnering with DS&A management and other stakeholders
- Leads analytics projects such as product demand forecasting, segmentation, and modeling to support strategic, tactical, and operational initiatives.
- Acts as a thought partner with colleagues across USP on how to resolve unique business problems using analytics. Partners include program unit heads, site heads, and strategy leaders.
- Works with USP Executive Leadership, Program Unit Team Leadership, and Site Leadership to determine a long-term analytics project plan to support the development and refresh of USP’s strategy.
- Manages resources to ensure maximum, quality output, including developing the annual analytics development plan.
- Sets and manages internal partner expectations related to specific deliverables.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- MBA or other relevant Master’s degree preferred such as , Data Science, Analytics, Statistics, Information Systems, Computer or other related fields
- Undergraduate degree required. Preferred majors in chemistry, biology, or other science degree.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be acceptable
- Sr. Manager - At least eight (8) or more years of experience in analytics, data science or data strategy and 4 years of management experience
- Manager – At least five (5) or more years of experience in analytics, data science or data strategy and 2 years of management experience
- Advanced level analytical and strategic thinking skills required
- Advanced level of data interpretation and problem solving skills required
- Highly proficient data manipulation skills including SQL and solid knowledge of relational databases
- Advanced data visualization and modeling skills such as Tableau, R
- Highly proficient in Excel skills and intermediate skills for other MS Office applications
- Some experience with managing remote teams preferred
- Strong communication skills required: Verbal, written, and interpersonal
- Ability to explain highly technical or complex issues to a non-technical audience
- Self-motivated and able to handle multiple concurrent projects and prioritize tasks independently
- Demonstrates thought leadership and consulting ability
- Ability to lead functional and globally dispersed teams
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Has the ability to deal with ambiguity independently
- Has the ability to work at all levels of the organization
- Has the ability to work across a global company
- Has the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Has the ability to handle change
Data Strategy Manager
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular