Administrative and Office Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Gift and Records Analyst
The George Mason University Office of Advancement and Alumni Relations is seeking a full-time Gift and Records Analyst. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Director of Alumni and Development Records, the Gift and Records Analyst will be accountable for maintaining the integrity of the University Advancement/George Mason University Foundation database. Specific duties include:
- Uses a complex database application to enter new and updated information, as well as accounts receivables into the database;
- Reconciles transactions to donor instructions, bank deposits, and accounting reports; and reviews gift batch transactions entered by coworkers for accuracy prior to the posting process;
- Enters demographic data; identifies potential data integrity problems and recommends solutions; and documents data entry procedures and updates procedure manuals;
- Uses sophisticated research techniques to validate new and updated information;
- Acts as liaison with other university departments to exchange demographic information for alumni, faculty, staff, donors, and prospective donors;
- Monitors the unitâ€™s e-mail account and automated update functions in our development and alumni databases (Advance and iModules); and schedules daily data transfers, reviews appropriate reports, and updates data as necessary;
- Performs post entry audits; and
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned; and acts as backup for processing receivables, bank deposits, and gift processing.
- Ability to work holidays/weekends as necessary;
- Understanding of database operations;
- Advanced PC skills, including data entry, word processing, online research, and e-mail;
- Ability to quickly learn and understand new software programs and their applications;
- Advanced research, and analytical and decision-making skills;
- Ability to recognize problems and offer solutions;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, flexible, and detail-oriented;
- Ability to coordinate student and wage worker assignments; and
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated experience working with data entry and retrieval, preferably using Ellucian software and the iModules Encompass platform; and
- Experience working in a customer-oriented position dealing with either external or internal customers.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :