Education Support Specialist II
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Mid $30s; Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Enrollment Central Client Services Staff
The George Mason University Office of the Provost seeks a dynamic staff member with exceptional customer service skills for an Enrollment Central Client Services Staff vacancy. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The Enrollment Central Client Services Staff reports to the Associate Director of Enrollment Management. The goal of the Enrollment Central Service Desk is to provide efficient and comprehensive delivery of enrollment services to students, families, and other university constituents.
- Responsible for all aspects of Enrollment Central Service Desk customer service, providing efficient and comprehensive delivery of enrollment services to students, families, and other university constituents;
- Works closely with the multiple offices, including the University Registrar; Student Accounts; Admissions; Financial Aid; and the Center for Academic Advising, Retention, and Transitions;
- Works closely with the Enrollment Central team to help achieve the goal of the Enrollment Central Service Desk;
- Effectively communicates and collaborates with other offices to achieve goals;
- Maintains and employs a working knowledge of all software related to the function of the information desk, including but not limited to: Ellucian Banner, Hobsons Radius, Patriot Web and Q-Nomy;
- Assists in the development, documentation, and maintenance of Enrollment Central policies and procedures;
- Tracks Enrollment Central Service Desk trends to develop and assist with documentation to provide effective customer service; and
- May be required to work at both the Fairfax campus and the Science and Technology (formerly Prince William) campus in Manassas, Va.
- An associate degree, or an equivalent combination of education/training and experience;
- Demonstrated experience delivering exceptional customer service;
- Understanding of student privacy laws and policy;
- Demonstrated experience working with students/customers from diverse backgrounds;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; and
- Ability to follow procedures and guidelines under minimum supervision.
- Experience developing customer service policies and procedures;
- Extensive knowledge of the Banner student information system or related systems; and
- Progressively responsible experience working at a service/information desk.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02277z at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :