Director of Finance
Ardmore is an established non-profit in Prince George’s county supporting adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities since 1963! Our mission of empowerment is acted out daily in the lives of the 200+ people who participate in our customized employment, community learning, and community living programs. We believe every person has the right to determine the direction of their life – a concept that has historically been denied to many people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Our team member’s work together to promote voice, choice, and empowerment for the people we support.
Overview: The Director of Finance is responsible for directing and overseeing the agency’s overall financial policies and practices. As a member of the Executive Team, the incumbent will be involved in strategic planning, evaluation, and professional development initiatives.
An overview of the position focus includes:
- Oversee budgeting, financial forecasting, cash flow for administration, corporate credit card administration, payroll processing, accounts payable and general ledger maintenance
- Under direction of the CEO, responsible for agency budget preparation and review by senior management and final approval by the Finance Committee and Board of Directors
- Analyze operational issues and evaluates their impact on the financial exposure of the agency elevating any concerns to the CEO
- Close the fiscal year, balance internal accounting program with independent audit and form 990
- Monitor and keep up to date internal controls and fraud prevention
- Establish and supervise implementation of efficient and accurate accounting systems
- Gather, organize and maintain all records of revenue and expenditures
- Review and approve preparation and finalization of monthly and annual financial reporting materials
- Establish and supervise implementation of efficient and accurate payroll procedures
Qualified Candidates will possess the following:
- Bachelors in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or a closely related field required; Masters strongly preferred
- CPA preferred
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of experience in accounting or financial management; not-for-profit experience preferred
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of accounting, finance, budgeting and planning for a not-for-profit agency
- Knowledge of Development Disability Administration funding and billing preferred
- Must be a strategic thinker with the ability to conceptualize an act upon the agency’s financial objectives and operationalize these objectives
- Demonstrate knowledge of laws, procedures, regulations and best practices relating to not-for-profit accounting practices and financial reporting
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining confidentiality and good working relationships, with internal and external stakeholders including the Board of Directors, committee members, donors, vendors and employees
Vacancy will close on Friday, August 17, 2018 @ 11:59pm.