Senior Analyst (Contracting & Acquisition)
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must meet all qualification requirements before the announcement closes.This position requires at least 1 year (52 weeks) of specialized experience at the next lower level/band, equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service.
Specialized experience for this senior analyst position includes activities such as:
- developing contracting or acquisition policies for federal agencies;
- providing management or analytical support to contracting, acquisition, or program management offices;
- researching and preparing written analyses of contracting and acquisition issues for think tanks, federal agencies, or similar organizations;
- identifying the root causes of cost and schedule changes on national security and space acquisition programs;
- developing or evaluating the soundness of business or contracting strategies for major federal procurements; or
- planning, conducting, and managing performance audits related to contracting or the acquisition of national security and space systems.
This is a bargaining unit position.
Based on the staffing needs, additional selections may be made through this vacancy announcement.
Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid for by the GAO.
Males born after 12/31/59 and at least 18 years of age must be registered with the Selective Service System. Visit http://www.sss.gov/.
Selectees will be required to complete questions contained on the Declaration for Federal Employment (OF-306) at the time a tentative job offer is made. If selected, at the time of appointment, selectees will be required to update the OF-306.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: GAO provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. To request accommodation, please email ReasonableAccommodation@gao.gov.
The U.S. Government Accountability Office’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The U.S. GAO is part of the Legislative Branch of the Federal government. As such, all positions are in the excepted service. Initial appointments, permanent or indefinite, to the GAO require completion of a one or two-year probationary period.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The questionnaire will assess your qualifications for the job. If you meet all of the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. Please make sure that your responses to the assessment questions are supported in your resume. Follow all instructions carefully as incomplete answers, errors, or omissions may affect your rating. Your rating will be invalid if you fail to include a narrative reply to any vacancy question(s) that requires further explanation or your reply is "see resume."
To preview questions please click here.