Administrative & Office Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Business Support Specialist
The George Mason University Advancement Office is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person for a Business Support Specialist. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Reporting to the Director of Advancement Operations, the Business Service Specialist will be an integral member of the Advancement and Alumni Relations Business Office and will be responsible for managing many of the day-to-day administrative and organizational activities.
- Serves as a professional first point of contact via phone, e-mail or walk-ins;
- Provides accurate information to those inquiring about advancement and alumni relations activities (i.e. direct phone calls to appropriate individuals);
- Prepares acknowledgement letter batches, verifies information, performs a mail merge, prints acknowledgement letters, and prepares for mailing;
- Brings discrepancies to the attention of processing staff so that corrections are made prior to releasing receipts;
- Accurately enters information and completes projects in scheduled periods;
- Suggests best practices for data entry to insure efficiency and accuracy;
- Documents procedures and best practices;
- Coordinates travel and hotel arrangements for staff conferences;
- Purchases goods and services using the eVA procurement system and the university purchase card, enter eVA confirming orders as necessary, and submit invoices for payment;
- Performs monthly credit card reconciliation for central support accounts;
- Organizes and maintains electronic and paper files. Assures that materials are accessible in a timely manner and kept confidential.
- Helps with projects in Advancement & Alumni Relations systems (Advance); and
- General upkeep of the office. Requirements:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Several years of progressive and related business operations experience.
- The candidate must possess outstanding customer service skills demonstrated by the ability to interact effectively with administrators, faculty, and staff as well as partners outside of the University.
- The candidate must possess outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal skills, exercise good time management, enjoy working with people and speaking to groups, and have flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of Advancementâ€™s administration.
- Work independently and at fast pace on multiple and complex projects simultaneously and demonstrate professionalism, diplomacy and a positive attitude at all times.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with discretion and tact.
- The candidate must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, possess the ability to perform duties under limited supervision; have demonstrated organizational, analytical and problem solving abilities.
- The candidate must be resourceful and be able to research independently the best solutions for problems when they arise.
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles, requirements, and procedures.
- Ability to understand and interpret University policy and procedures in the area of finance, purchasing, gift acceptance, and donor acknowledgement.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills are required for this position (Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.) as well as the ability to work within multiple internal databases and maintain consistent organization.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date : 2018-08-10