We are a large Rheumatology practice located in the Washington, D.C., area. We have served the DC metro are for more than 30 years. We are dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of persons with disorders of the joints, muscles, tendons, and other connective tissue. Our practice has treatment centers in Washington, DC and Maryland.
Our practice integrates excellent medical care with comprehensive services. We maintain a full-service laboratory, x-ray facilities, a physical therapy division, six centers for the diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis and six infusion centers. We offer patients the opportunity to access the most recent and innovative technologies by maintaining an active clinical research program that participates in national trials to evaluate new medications for the treatment of arthritis, osteoporosis, and a variety of rheumatic diseases.
We are in search of a Medical Assistant to join our team. Our Medical Assistants assist in the delivery of health care and patient care management. Candidates must be well organized, have the ability to multi-task, and possess strong critical thinking skills along with the desire to work in a very fast paced environment.
Main duties include:
- Preparing patient for examination and treatment. Taking brief histories, obtaining vital signs and reviewing patient’s list of medications.
- Assisting Physicians with injections, aspirations and ultrasound.
- Giving injections, performs phlebotomy, and fits patients with orthopedic appliances, splints and dressings.
- Preparing exam rooms with necessary instruments and supplies.
- Screening patient telephone calls for referral to Physicians. Returns calls to patients per Physician request.
- Acting as the liaison between triage, call center and assigned physician.
- Conducting patient education to patients with prescribed self-injecting medications.
- Providing patients with educational information after Physician’s approval.
- Processing lab specimens and requisition forms and sending to appropriate reference laboratories according to patient’s insurance guidelines.
- Three plus years' experience as a medical assistant
- Phlebotomy experience a must
- Certification as a Medical Assistant preferred
- Experience with:
- NextGen medical software preferred
- Healthcare insurances
- Microsoft Office
Please email your resume to email@example.com
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.Meet Your Recruiter Marian Robinson
Senior Account Manager