Head Coach - Men's and Women's Tennis
The Head Coach is responsible for all aspects of operating a Division III athletic program to include: student-athlete recruitment and retention, individual and team development, organization of team travel, assistant coach selection and oversight, management of operating budget, fundraising, and alumni relations. Monitor and maintain discipline and conduct of student-athletes to support image and reputation of athletics program. Ensure adherence to all NCAA, Atlantic East Conference, and University rules and policies by athletes and supporting staff.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree; Masterâ€™s degree preferred.
- Psychology, Health Sciences, Education, or related discipline.
- 3 to 5 years of related experience.
- NCAA sport-specific coaching, basic accounting, student affairs, and community relations.
- Basic supervision of assistant coaches, team leadership. CPR and AED certifications.
- Annual passing of NCAA recruiting test.
- Microsoft Word and Excel knowledge.
- Recruit database knowledge, i.e. FrontRush.
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to recruit and lead large roster of athletes.
- Understanding of sport-specific terminology.
Special Notes to Applicants
Application materials must be received by
Open Until Filled Yes
Marymount is a comprehensive Catholic university that emphasizes the liberal arts, career preparation, and personal and professional development. Consistently rated #1 or 2 among regional universities in the South for its diverse student body , Marymount serves nearly 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students. The university’s location in suburban Arlington, Virginia, offers easy access to the rich resources and international, cultural, and ethnic diversity of the nation’s capital. Marymount University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.