Director of Research and Psychometrics
Become part of a distinguished organization that sets a world-class standard for the certification of occupational therapy. NBCOT® is nationally recognized as one of the best non-profit organizations in the country.
NBCOT is seeking a highly motivated director to lead its organizational research and psychometric initiatives.
Under the direction of the President/CEO, and working with the senior management team, the individual will independently:
- Design and manage multiple organizational research projects to advance knowledge related to:
- Intrinsic and extrinsic values of certification
- Continued competency
- Certification renewal data set analysis
- Certification product and service development
- Occupational therapy practice
- Demonstrate leadership in the organization’s use of established, valid, and reliable research methodologies for certification activities
- Plan, coordinate, and perform the analysis and dissemination of research findings as they relate to best practice, including:
- Technical reports
- Professional and industry publications
- Industry conferences and professional presentations
- Board and panel presentations
- Stakeholder communications
- Provide guidance and oversight to assigned staff and/or teams engaged in organizational research initiatives
- Complete quality control initiatives to ensure projects are managed efficiently, completed on schedule and within budget, and produce accurate, error-free results
- Engage in key organizational activities that contribute to the maintenance of its accreditation status
PhD in industrial organizational psychology, education measurement, psychometrics, psychological measurement, or related field with emphasis on quantitative analysis or psychometrics.
Demonstrated experience in certification, occupational licensing, and organizational third-party accreditation (e.g., ANSI/ISO/IEC 17024 and NCCA accreditation programs) is essential for this position.
Full-time, salaried, exempt
NBCOT state-of-the-art headquarters in Gaithersburg, MD. Telecommuting may be considered for the right individual. This position requires some weekend travel to meetings, as required, to fulfill primary job tasks.
Email a letter of interest and curriculum vitae to:
Assistant to the President/CEO
The National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.