Performs a wide variety of recruitment/retention activities requiring independent decision-making, negotiation skills, general employment law knowledge and marketing skills to ensure employment, hiring and retention of qualified, competent staff to perform duties in all areas of the non-profit organization. Performs other duties as assigned. If you are interested in hearing more, please call 301-926-7800!
- Verifies vacancies and creates strategic recruitment plans through sourcing, advertising, Internet, and professional meetings to identify and attract qualified applicants for departments as assigned..
- Collaborates and communicates regularly with the HR Business Partners to identify and address department/organizational issues to improve retention. In conjuction with the Director of Human Resources Operations devises strategic recruitment/retention strategies, benchmark statistics and communicate findings to manager.
- Provides technical/functional advice, and internal consulting services on classification practices; performs a full range of duties and responsibilities related to position classification, position management, and departmental design.
- Designs positions systematically so they are sensible, consistent and relate to other positions in an orderly, productive, and efficient manner with logical career patterns.
- Reviews and interprets classification or other job evaluation standards, staffing patterns and organizational charts, and interprets and applies governing laws, regulations, policies and procedures. Analyzes the department’s classification plans to ensure their viability, and that they are achieving their intended objectives.
- Assist in the management and administration of Affirmative Action Plans and Americans with Disabilities Act compliance process.
- Reviews and develops descriptions, and makes recommendations to management.
- Provide primary support for recruiting and hiring efforts such as pre-screening, interviews, assessments, ad placement, and other related needs.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Education: Bachelors Degree from accredited college/university in business, human resources, or communications with emphasis in personnel required.
- Licensure / Certifications: SPHR or PHR certifications preferred. Certification in interviewing preferred.
- Experience: A minimum of 4 years in Human Resources with emphasis on social services employment and recruitment. Experience with applicant tracking systems is preferred.
- Interpersonal Skills: Professional demeanor and appearance, excellent grammar and oral and written communication skill. Ability to interact with all levels of employee/applicants.
Qualified candidates should send their resume OR call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!