Commercial Credit Underwriter
This job provides the primary support for underwriting of new deals as well as existing portfolio customers, vendors, and the underwriting of new program initiatives and risk assessment of non-lending transactions (ACH, RDC, etc.).
The day-to-day responsibilities for the position are as follows:
1. Underwriting/credit analysis of prospective customers and renewals for various industries, including those related to financial services and credit union industry. Analyze historical financial statements and projections, determine risks and mitigants, outline the background of the Borrower and conduct industry and competitive analysis. Utilize models to evaluate the strength of borrower’s cash flow and its ability to provide for primary and secondary sources of repayment, as well as models to assess refinance risk. For transactions involving individual or corporate guarantors, underwrite their financial strength and perform a global cash flow analysis when appropriate, including the analysis of personal financial statements and personal/corporate tax returns. - 40%
2. Perform business and financial analysis needed for amendments, extensions and covenant waivers. Provide general review of the overall bank relationship with the customer, perform trend analysis and covenant compliance calculations. Provide recommendations for risk ratings. On as needed basis, assist with amendments and preparation/review of documents. Assist in completing annual reviews of the commercial portfolio.- 30%
3. Complete analysis related to depository relationships with borrowing customers. Understand the Bank's policy in regard to ACH, RDC and other non-lending transactions. Work closely with Deposit Production and Deposition Operations teams, Ohio teams and Risk Management in formulating and implementing guidelines in managing risks related to cash management. -15%
4. Complete financial analysis of vendors. Perform credit analysis and annual reviews of companies and financial institutions. – 10%
5. Special Projects/Other: Provide portfolio and industry analysis as necessary. - 5%
A bachelor’s degree in a business related field (accounting, finance, etc.) and working knowledge of computer business applications (word processing and spreadsheet applications). Small Business Association (SBA), healthcare and financial services industry experience is a plus. The candidate should be familiar with the workings of balance sheets, income statements and cash flow statements. 3-5 years of commercial credit underwriting experience required.