Training and Development Specialist
The EMMES Corporation, established in 1977, is a privately-owned Contract Research Organization (CRO). Headquartered in Rockville, Maryland, Emmes employs over six hundred staff worldwide with offices located in Frederick, Maryland, Vancouver, Canada, and Bangalore, India. Ranked as a top area workplace of choice by the Washington Post, Emmes fosters an environment of collaboration, professional growth, and exceptional work life balance.
Our studies impact public health initiatives on a global scale occurring in more than sixty countries spanning across six continents. We are dedicated to providing statistical and epidemiological expertise, computer systems deployment, data management, study monitoring, regulatory guidance, and overall operational support to clients engaged in biomedical research. Emmes offers support for the entire process of clinical trials from study design and protocol development through data analysis and manuscript generation.
The Training and Development Specialist will partner with Emmes Research Units, Functional Groups and Corporate Services to determine and address training needs. He/she will work closely with these groups to assess training needs within the organization as a whole and specific to various departments and projects. The Training and Development Specialist will help design, develop and deliver training programs to help employees grow their knowledge and skills through online and instructor-led formats and assist in the on-going evaluation of outcomes.
- Determine training needs in partner with Research Units, Functional Groups, Corporate Service leads
- Capture and report results of training evaluations to determine the effectiveness of training programs
- Provide recommendations for improvement of existing curriculum
- Work with Subject Matter Experts to develop and deploy instructor-led and E-Learning courses
- Deliver classroom training as necessary on a variety of topics such as customer service, emotional intelligence, etc.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance on the development, coordination and facilitation of staff operational training programs in response to the results of internal and external audits
- Coordinate special projects as requested by the Training and Development Director
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of experience in Training and Development or similar position required
- Scientific/health industry-specific experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to be proactive, flexible and solution-oriented in a team environment
- Analytical ability for problem solving and analyzing learner outcomes and statistics
- Experience confidently working effectively across varying levels of an organization
- Proficiency in course authoring software (Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Lectora Publisher, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to receive and provide written and oral feedback
- Detail oriented and organized
CONNECT WITH US!!
Follow us on Twitter - @EMMESCorp
Find us on LinkedIn - The EMMES Corporation
The EMMES Corporation is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.