About Howard Community College:
Howard Community College (HCC) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! HCC has been awarded the distinction as a "Great College to Work for" since 2009 from The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Howard Community College values diversity among its faculty, staff and student population. We are an innovative institution that is committed to responding to the ever-changing needs and interests of a diverse and dynamic community. No matter where you want to go in your career, you can get there from here!
The project leader will maintain, implement, and further develop the services already established that support students in successful placement in internships and apprenticeships.
Immediate Responsibilities Include:
- Maintenance of current employer partnerships
- Management of incoming employer opportunities
- Management of job postings to students
- Act as liaison between employer and student applicants
- Provide resume assistance to students applying for opportunities
- Establish a strategy for the fall for faculty/students to receive information about open opportunities/services/events
Long Term Responsibilities Include:
- Build and maintain employer partnerships
- Connect with students within the entire cyber technology department
- Maintain line of communication with cyber technology faculty
- Provide resume assistance and interview practice sessions to students
- Host or assist in the facilitation of events for students/groups
- Maintain record of placements for internal record keeping and to share with other departments
- Associates Degree preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Prior experience in teaching, job development, career coaching
- Prior supervisory or project management experience preferred
Hours Per Week: 10-15
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday within 8:30am - 5pm timeframe
Open Until Filled
For Best Consideration, Submit By: 8/17/18
Howard Community College (HCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer & values diversity within its faculty, staff & student population. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
HCC understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 443-518-1100. The TDD line phone # is: 443-518-4822.
- Cover letter
Link to the application: