Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator
Our client, a well-known, globally renowned Children’s Hospital in the Washington, DC metro area is seeking a Health and Safety Coordinator to support their research institute. This opportunity provides an opportunity to work directly with research teams dedicated to the clinical medical research and education programs within the Hospital that will ultimately lead to improved understanding, prevention and treatment of childhood diseases. Apply now or call 202-463-5100!
- Implementation of laboratory safety programs including written laboratory inspections and hazardous waste management.
- Provide training and guidance on laboratory safety topics.
- Preparing reports
- Following up on corrective actions
- Development of laboratory safety programs and the training of personnel on such programs
- Assess complex, technical information on a case-by-case basis for compliance with regulations
- Support the Institutional Biosafety Committee Chair and the Institutional Biosafety Officer administratively with regard to functions
- Perform research on biomed operations and emergency management
- Bachelor’s Degree – Master’s Degree preferred (Occupational Health/Safety, Industrial Hygiene or related fields)
- 2-4 years of related experience in an academic biomedical research setting
- Familiarity with the laboratory environment and equipment, knowledge of the safe handling and proper disposal of hazardous materials
- Experience in research, research administration, and/or regulatory affairs
- Advanced skills with entire MS Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work independently as well as on a team
Qualified candidates should send their resume AND call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!