Director of Human Resources
Sparks Group is hiring for a Director of Human Resources for an investment advising firm in DC. The Director of Human Resources will lead a Human Resources program focused on attracting, motivating, and developing employees and will be instrumental in facilitating our employee-oriented, high performance workplace culture. Interested candidates may apply online or reach out to the Sparks Group office directly at 202-463-5100.
· Review and make recommendations to Executive Management for improvement in the organization's policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
· Manages key benefit programs, and coordinates annual renewal with brokers. Communicates and educates employees on benefit enrollment, changes, renewals, and terminations. Conducts day-to-day administration, processes applications, and monitors plan requirements.
· Oversees day-to-day HR activities and acts as primary point of contact for HR issues and concerns.
· Responds to routine inquiries from employees and managers to include, but not limited to: benefits, payroll, and questions regarding human resources policies and procedures.
· Partners with management to provide guidance on sensitive employee matters, coaching and disciplinary processes, and best practices related to performance management. Documents employee grievances. Counsels employees and supervisors, and facilitates conflict resolution.
· Coordinates recruitment efforts for all positions, working with hiring managers to create job descriptions, writes and places ads, screens, interviews, checks references and recommends qualified candidates.
· Assist executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of the organization's compensation program; including ensuring job descriptions are aligned and encompass company objectives.
· Design, implement and coordinate onboarding and offboarding process of talent to include new hire orientation and exit interviews.
· Work closely with leaders and managers to develop effective training programs.
· Recommend, evaluate and participate in staff development for the organization.
· Design, implement and manage annual performance reviews.
· Develop and administer programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
· Gather and prepare HR data to deliver to Executive Management team in order to make informed decisions regarding human capital.
· Design and/or procure and oversee training programs, provide necessary education and materials to managers and employees including workshops, manuals, employee handbooks, and standardized reports.
· Determine and recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
· Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in human resources or a related field.
· Minimum of 5 years of progressive Human Resources experience. SPHR preferred
· Broad business and financial understanding and ability to apply to human capital implications
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Adept at communicating effectively across all levels of internal and external stakeholders while inspiring confidence
· Strong project management skills with an ability to identify and analyze business and organizational needs
· Proven success communicating key HR initiatives
Qualified candidates should send their resume OR call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!