Human Resources Generalist
Our client is a well-known Association in Washington, DC. They are seeking an HR Generalist to be responsible for maximizing efficiency across the HR department by cultivating and maintaining good relationships with all stakeholders within and outside of the organization. The HR Generalist oversees every step of the talent acquisition process in addition to having responsibility for responding to general HR questions and administration across the entire HR department and acting as lead in the absence of other members.
- Own the acquisition process up to the final hiring decision, including job description creation, posting, candidate sourcing utilizing social networking, professional network contacts, and other sources.
- Provide solid judgment on candidate qualifications through correspondence, phone and in-person interviews, and coach hiring managers and teams to make the most appropriate and beneficial recruiting decisions
- Oversee setup and usage of the applicant tracking system within the wider HRIS platform
- Manage employee electronic personnel file creation and maintenance in the HRIS platform
- Assist in the research and review of a technology and resources used to optimize the function of HR such as HRIS, online recruiting efforts, vendor sites and resources, etc.
- Administer health and welfare benefits plans, including open enrollments and terminations
- Monitor employee eligibility for medical, dental, and other insurance benefits; reviewing benefits with employees and processing enrollment, cancellation, or changes for benefits
- Establish and maintain department records and reports; participate in department and Association meetings such as seminars
- Maintain organizational charts and employee directory information
- Process and reconcile monthly billings from insurance providers, reviewing for accuracy, codes, and collaborating with the Finance department on advancement and approval of payments
- Collaborate with other members of the HR team to suggest, plan, and facilitate training sessions on recruiting, onboarding, and other relevant topics
- Draft, revise, edit, and proofread company policies and procedures and related documents as necessary
- Assist with drafting and sending of employee communications from the HR department
- Assist with other projects and duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in any field, preferred
- 3-5 years of HR generalist experience
- Minimum 2 years of recruiting experience, preferably in a non-profit organization or association
- Proficiency in candidate tracking software, preferred
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent time management and ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Commitment to confidentiality
- Intermediate to advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to manage own projects as well as working collaboratively with others when needed
- Completed HR certification or working towards completion, preferred
Qualified candidates should send their resume AND call Sparks Group at 202-463-5100 for additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Apply for Human Resources Generalist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly