Program Manager III
MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
invites applications for the position of:
Cloud Services Technical Manager (Program Manager III)
SALARY: $60,543.00 - $97,203.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 07/24/18
CLOSING DATE: 08/21/18 11:59 PM
Executive Service Position
(This position serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority)
The Maryland Department of Transportation The Secretary's Office (MDOT TSO) is recruiting for a Cloud Services Technical Manager (Program Manager III) in the Office of Transportation Technology Services (OTTS). This position is responsible for guiding and directing the MDOT personnel and contractor resources dedicated to performing systems development efforts to meet business plan objectives. Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Overseeing and guiding software development configuration management principles and practices;
• Performing change management, release management, security management, "sandbox" management, and system architecture for all cloud-based Software of a Service (SaaS) enterprise and non-enterprise systems;
• Managing the discovery, documentation, and publication of an inventory of all SaaS business application assets;
• Overseeing MDOT's SaaS systems/application management portfolio requirements;
• Directing a team responsible for creating and preserving conceptual integrity and design consistency across the MDOT enterprise.
This position will need to be on call 24 hours a day to respond to outages and other emergency situations.
The current vacancy exists at MDOT TSO in Hanover, MD (Anne Arundel County).
*Connecting You to Life's Opportunities*
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other information technology related field.
Experience: Five years of experience in IT management, software development, or IT infrastructure focused on cloud technologies. Three years of Cloud computing experience utilizing MS Azure, Oracle Cloud, Salesforce, AWS, or other related platforms. Three years of experience supervising technical professionals.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Experience with the architecture, design, and development of solutions
• Experience in proven project management and/or systems analysis methodologies
• Experience in evaluating internal processes and testing in order to improve operational efficiencies
• Excellent customer service and problem solving skills
• Certification in one or more application development tools: MCSE, MCPD, MCAD, MCSD, Salesforce Architect or Certified Developer, or XML Certification.
Consideration for employment may be based solely on the contents of your application. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information. Please include all relevant experience on your application. This includes, but is not limited to, full or part time, volunteer, military, acting capacity, or any other experience that is relevant to the position for which you are applying.
If you have held more than one position at the same employer, please list each position that you held and the length of time that you held each position.
1. Applicants may substitute graduate education in computer science or in directly related fields on a year-for-year basis for up to two years of the required experience.
2. Applicants may substitute additional management or supervisory experience as defined above at the rate of six months of experience for one year of education for the required college education.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS:
TO APPLY: You must complete a MDOT application to be considered for this recruitment. RESUMES CANNOT BE SUBSTITUTED FOR THE MDOT EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION.
Selected candidates may be subject to background and reference checks.
You may download an application, or you may apply online at: www.mdot.maryland.gov/employment. If you need a paper application mailed to you, please call (410) 865-1073. Mail your application to: Recruitment and Examinations Unit, 7201 Corporate Center Drive, Hanover, MD 21076. Your application must be received by August 21, 2018. Postmarks will not be accepted. Applications sent without sufficient postage will not be accepted and will be returned. Applications sent through interoffice mail that are not received by the closing date will not be accepted. Appropriate auxiliary aids and services for qualified individuals with disability will be provided upon request. Please notify in advance. MD Relay Service Number (711). Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
The Maryland Department of Transportation is not sponsoring new employees in application of the H-1B Visa at this time due to budgetary constraints. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration and Reform Control Act of 1986. Federal regulations prohibit H1B Visa candidates from paying sponsorship fees, all sponsorship fees must be assumed by the potential employer.
Applicants who have education obtained outside of the U.S. will be required to provide proof of the equivalent U.S. education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service, such as the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (http://www.naces.org) or World Education Services: International Credential Evaluation (https://www.wes.org/).
The incumbent in this position will not be a member of a covered bargaining unit.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. MDOT does not discriminate based on age, ancestry, color, creed, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, or sexual orientation.
Issue Date: 7/24/18
Cloud Services Technical Manager (Program Manager III) Supplemental Questionnaire
* 1. Do you possess at least three years of Cloud computing experience utilizing MS Azure, Oracle Cloud, Salesforce, AWS, or other related platforms?
* 2. At which organization(s) have you gained this experience? If you do not have this experience, write 'N/A'.
* 3. Please describe the job duties you performed that reflect your Cloud computing experience utilizing MS Azure, Oracle Cloud, Salesforce, AWS, or other related platforms. If you do not have this experience, write 'N/A'.
* 4. Do you possess at least three years of experience supervising technical professionals?
* 5. At which organization(s) have you gained this experience? If you do not have this experience, write 'N/A'.
* 6. Please describe the job duties you performed that reflect your experience supervising technical professionals. If you do not have this experience, write 'N/A'.
* Required Question