Clinical Documentation Specialist (RN)
6 days left
- Full Time
If you are a current Adventist HealthCare employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account. As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
Adventist HealthCare seeks to hire a Housekeeper who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing. If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Qualified candidates will possess:
• One year of current experience within a hospital environment
At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
• Work life balance through non rotating shifts
• Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
• Free Employee parking
• Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, PTO and 403B retirement plan with matching and 3 year vesting)
• 100% Coverage for inpatient care - at Adventist HealthCare facilities
• 100% Coverage for urgent care nationwide - after copay
Join the Adventist Healthcare team today! Apply now to be considered.
The Clinical Documentation Specialist works to ensure that clinical documentation is complete, accurate and representative of the total care provided to each patient. The Clinical Documentation Specialist is responsible for the identification of opportunities to improve documentation, communication concerning documentation, and the education of staff on best practices to improve the overall quality of clinical documentation within the organization.
* Facilitate clinical documentation improvement through the review of medical records for accurate documentation of principal and secondary diagnoses.
* Identify areas for improvement in clinical documentation. Query physicians for clarification concerning their diagnoses as it related to coding.
* Participates in audits and special projects.
* Prepares and presents educational topics to medical staff.
* Collaborates with coders.
* Registered Nurse, currently licensed to practice in the State of Maryland. BSN preferred.
* Must be r egistered as a Health Information Technician, or be certified by the American Health Information Management Association.
* Fundamental knowledge of ICD-10 Official Coding Guidelines.
* Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist preferred.
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.