If you are a current Adventist HealthCare employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account. As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for timely, safe and courteous housekeeping services for patients, visitors and hospital staff. Attention to detail is critical, as you will be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of assigned areas within hospital facilities.
* Perform the day-to-day activities of the Environmental Services Department to ensure that our facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner.
* Perform daily cleaning of patient rooms, nursing units, lounges, offices, restrooms and any other assigned areas. All work to be done by following standard procedures of Environmental Services Department to ensure a clean and wholesome environment.
* Be able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
* Must be familiar with the use of detergents, germicides, and other cleaning/chemical supplies
* Collect, pack and dispose of trash according to established procedures
* Ability to complete work assignments in an accurate and in a timely manner
* Ability to communicate effectively
* Must exhibit professional behavior and appearance at all times.
* Basic computer skills required for e-mail use
* Cleaning experience is desirable but not essential.
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.