Associate Director, C. Boyden Gray Center for the Study of the Administrative State.
7 days left
- Full Time
Job Category : Admin or Professional Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Associate Director, C. Boyden Gray Center for the Study of the Administrative State
The George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School invites applications for the position of Associate Director of the C. Boyden Gray Center for the Study of the Administrative State. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The C. Boyden Gray Center is a privately funded national center for academic research and public policy focused on examining the foundations and accountability of the administrative state. It brings together scholars, practitioners, and government officials to examine structural and legal problems of administration. The C. Boyden Gray Center coordinates, promotes, and funds top quality research, and links that research to litigation challenges and to public policy debates about the administrative state.
Responsibilities: The Associate Director will hold significant responsibility for much of the Centers operations, including the development of programs, as well as the promotion, communications, and oversight of such events. This position will report to the Director of the C. Boyden Gray Center. The successful candidate will be an integral part of expanding the scope of the Centers activities, working closely with the centers staff in a dynamic, rewarding environment.
- Developing new programs in coordination with the Centers Director, including by identifying topics for further study, authors and speakers;
- Organizing programs and identifying new types of programs to further the Centers mission;
- Supporting the Centers Director with scheduling, communications, and organizational needs;
- Producing original scholarship;
- Speaking at the Centers public policy conferences and leading discussions at the Centers research roundtables;
- Teaching relevant law school courses, subject to law school approval;
- Collaborating with the Centers Director and Events & Communications Specialist in all phases of event planning and execution, including, preparation of materials, on-site setup and management, database and file management, and overall organizational and operational support;
- Managing and mentoring student fellows;
- Developing and improving social media outreach and presence, including through email newsletters, tweeting, tagging, and reposting articles and blog posts;
- Conducting research; investigating, analyzing, reconciling and evaluating data; and using that information to identify potential new donors and to develop strategies for cultivating new relationships and deepening existing relationships with donors;
- Assisting in the production of the Centers annual report, donor reports, and other communications with internal and external stakeholders;
- Coordinating the Centers operations, including providing administrative and program support within the office, providing support for vendor accounts, and bill payment;
- Some travel may be required.
- Graduate Degree: J.D., LL.M., or a law-related Ph.D.
- Demonstrated experience in law, public policy arena, government service, or high-level legal practice;
- Experience in leading or managing a team;
- Strong interest in promoting innovation and creativity through the Centers academic and policy mission;
- Expertise in emerging administrative, regulatory, and constitutional law issues in the context of scholarship, public policy, and/or litigation;
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills;
- Excellent customer relations, oral and written communications, expertise in fund development, and organizational skills;
- Must be capable of using Microsoft Office, including proficiency with Access, Word, Excel and PowerPoint; database management; and creation and report production;
- Must have strong ability to edit, multitask, prioritize tasks, and be highly organized and self-motivated; and
- Must be detail-oriented with an ability to communicate professionally and effectively with Law School constituencies, philanthropic organizations, and vendors using strong spoken and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated experience in management and/or operations (this is strongly preferred).
- Varied experience with administrative law matters in private practice, public policy, and/or government service is desirable.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number FA19CZ at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date : 2018-09-04