Program Therapist - Social Worker/Counselor - Elementary/Middle School Autism Program
The Foundation Schools is a special education day school which delivers innovative school programs and support services for children and adolescents with emotional disabilities, autism spectrum disorders and other learning challenges. The Foundation Schools is currently accepting resumes for a Therapist for our elementary/middle School autism program.
The mission of The Foundation Schools is to provide a highly specialized educational and therapeutic program for students with emotional and other disabilities and social emotional and learning challenges, preparing them to be productive and successful in their future academic and career paths.
The Foundation Schools is currently approved by the State of Maryland and the District of Columbia to provide services to students who have not been successful in their home school’s environment. The Foundation Schools has schools in Gaithersburg and Largo, Maryland that serve over 200 students in grades K-12. Our Core Values’ provide a strong foundation for our programs, are integrated into our positive behavior intervention system, drive our actions and guide our staff and students daily to TWIRL (Teamwork, Work Ethic, Integrity, Respect, and Leadership). We offer a supportive working environment with small class sizes and excellent resources.
The Foundation Schools offers a comprehensive benefit package including tuition assistance and a generous retirement package. Visit our website at www.foundationschools.org for more information.
Education, Experience and Certification Requirements:
- Master’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling, psychiatric nursing or other related field is required
- Current Maryland clinical license is required; LCPC and LCSW-C are preferred
- MSDE School Social Worker certification or eligibility for MSDE School Social Worker certification (LGSW or LCSW-C only)
- Three or more years of successful clinical experience working with children and/or adolescents with autism in a school setting is preferred
- Knowledge of DSM and IDEA and their specific applications to educating students with special education needs and emotional and other disabilities preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) abilities are a plus
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Employ clinical strategies and techniques to provide appropriate therapeutic interventions to encourage students to be school ready
- Ensure counseling and behavioral support service requirements are met to maintain 100% compliance with students’ IEPs and requirements are rendered as prescribed on the IEP
- Demonstrate knowledge of and the ability to adapt a variety of therapeutic interventions and behavior management practices to meet the needs of individual students; evaluate therapeutic effectiveness, document, and make modifications based on data, reflection and feedback
- Conduct student functional behavioral assessments (FBAs)
- Provide case management for students by collaborating with parents, guardians, and outside agencies; make appropriate referrals for needed services and look for new resources that support students’ social and emotional growth
- Participate in the development and monitoring of students’ IEPs, BIPs, and FBAs including completion of required documentation within set guidelines
- Complete required related service notes and billing documentation accurately and within assigned deadlines; ensure Medicaid forms are completed by parents/guardians
- Provide clinical supervision to the dedicated aides assigned to the students on their caseloads to help the dedicated aides understand the students’ social, emotional, and academic profile; collaborate with these dedicated aides to develop and implement specialized interventions and incentive plans as needed
- Demonstrate an understanding of how our students’ disabilities impact their behavior and ability to learn; display knowledge of students’ diagnoses and adapt intervention strategies accordingly to meet the requirements of the students’ IEPs and BIPs
- Maintain student confidentiality in accordance with The Foundation Schools Confidentiality and Conflict of Interest Statement and student record confidentiality procedures
Apply for Program Therapist - Social Worker/Counselor - Elementary/Middle School Autism Program
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly