Chief Human Resources Officer
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- All information is subject to verification. Applicants are advised that false answers or omissions of information on application materials or inability to meet the following conditions may be grounds for non-selection, withdrawal of an offer of employment, or dismissal after being employed.
- Selection for this position is contingent upon completion of OF-306, Declaration of Federal Employment during the pre-employment process and proof of U.S. citizenship for competitive status positions or conversion to a competitive status position with the Administrative Office of the US Courts. In instances where non-citizens are considered for hire into temporary or any other position with non competitive status or when it is confirmed by the AO's Human Resources Office that there are no qualified U.S. citizens for a competitive status position (unless prohibited by a law or statue), non-citizens must provide proof of authorization to work in the United States and proof of entitlement to receive compensation. Additional information on the employment of non-citizens can be found at http://ww.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/non-citizens. For a list of documents that may be used to provide proof of citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, please refer to Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification.
- Subject to a background/security investigation.
- You will be required to serve a trial period if selected for a first-time appointment to the Federal government, transferring from another Federal agency, or serving as a first-time supervisor. Failure to successfully complete the trial period may result in termination of employment. This does not apply to current federal Judiciary employees.
- Relocation expenses may be provided, but only if authorized by the Director of the AO.
- The selectee of this position may be assigned to an official duty station outside the advertised area.
- More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
- All requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized Experience: Applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience at the GS-15/JSP-15/CL 31, or equivalent level which provides evidence of progressively responsible leadership responsibility that is indicative of executive level managerial capability and directly related to the skills and abilities outlined in the Professional/Technical Qualifications (PTQs) and Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) listed below. Specialized experience for this position is demonstrated experience in developing, managing, implementing, and improving a human resources management program. This experience should include recruitment and staffing, automated HR initiatives, employee relations, employee development, compensation and benefits, performance management and HR policy development and implementation.
ADDITIONAL ASSESSMENT: Applicants who meet the specialized experience requirements also will be assessed on the following Professional/Technical Qualifications (PTQs) and Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs). These qualifications should be evident in your resume. A narrative response for each PTQ and ECQ is MANDATORY.
Professional/Technical Qualifications: Applicants seeking this AOES position must have experience that demonstrates the following:
- Demonstrated experience in managing a complex human resources management organization and related programs, including workforce/staffing assessment ("work measurement"), classification, employee relations, performance management, benefits administration, compensation, employee development and training, human resources information systems, and strategic human capital planning. Experience must demonstrate knowledge of these programs and the impact on organizational objectives and performance goals, as well as sufficient analytical skills and knowledge of statistical concepts to aid in executive oversight.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a complex multi-level organization to include integrating organizational operations with the agency's strategic plan, mission, vision, values, and objectives.
- Ability to successfully meet customer expectations as evidenced by a proven track record of strong customer service orientation.
LEADING CHANGE. This core qualification involves experience in developing and implementing an organizational vision, which integrates key national and program goals, priorities, values, and other factors. The incumbent must be able to develop new insights into situations, question conventional approaches, encourage new ideas and innovations, and design and implement new or cutting edge programs/processes. The incumbent must also be able to think strategically, formulating objectives and priorities, and implementing plans consistent with the long-term interests of the organization in a global environment while capitalizing on opportunities, managing risks, and overcoming obstacles.
(Key Competencies: Creativity and Innovation, Continual Learning, External Awareness, Flexibility, Resilience, Strategic Thinking, Vision)
LEADING PEOPLE. This core qualification involves experience in designing and implementing strategies, which maximize employee potential and foster high ethical standards in meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals, including adherence to EEO guidelines. This includes fostering an inclusive work environment where diversity and individual differences are valued, managed, and leveraged to achieve, through teamwork, the vision and mission of the organization. The incumbent should be able to develop others to perform and contribute to the organization by providing ongoing feedback and providing opportunities to learn through formal and informal methods. This includes taking a long-term view and building a shared vision with others, acting as a catalyst for organizational change, and influencing others to translate vision into action.
(Key Competencies: Organizational Awareness, Interpersonal Skills, Integrity/Honesty, Conflict Management, Team Building, Developing Others, Leveraging Diversity)
BUSINESS ACUMEN. This core qualification involves experience in building and managing a workforce based on organizational goals and staffing needs. Ensuring that employees are appropriately recruited, selected, appraised, and rewarded, and taking action to address performance plans. The incumbent should have experience in managing a multi-sector workforce and a variety of work situations, and in developing and managing budgets and contracts. This includes keeping up-to-date on technological developments, making effective use of technology to achieve results, and ensuring access to and security of technology systems.
(Key Competencies: Financial Management, Human Resources Management, Technology Management, Procurement Management)
RESULTS DRIVEN. This core qualification involves experience in stressing accountability and continuous improvement, making timely and effective decisions, and producing results through strategic planning and the implementation and evaluation of programs and policies. The incumbent should have the requisite technical knowledge to identify and pursue
appropriate outcomes, as well as practical experience in anticipating and meeting the needs of both internal and external customers, delivering high-quality products and services, and resolving issues and problems.
(Key Competencies: Accountability, Customer Service, Decisiveness, Entrepreneurship, Problem Solving, Technical Credibility)
BUILDING COALITIONS/COMMUNICATION. This core qualification involves experience in developing networks and building alliances and collaborating across boundaries to build strategic relationships and achieving common goals. Identifying the internal and external politics that impact the work of the organization. The incumbent should have experience in persuading others, building consensus through give and take, and gaining cooperation from others to obtain information and accomplish goals.
(Key Competencies: Influencing/Negotiating, Oral Communication, Written Communication, Partnering)
This position does not require education to qualify.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume and supporting documentation and compare this information to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this job. If you meet the minimum qualifications for this job, we will evaluate your application package, to assess the quality, depth, and complexity of your accomplishments, experience, and education as they relate to the requirements listed in this vacancy announcement.
You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume and/or narrative responses, you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience. Failure to submit the mandatory narrative responses will result in not receiving full consideration and/or rating credit. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you, withdrawing an offer of employment, or dismissal after being employed.