Director, Mid-Atlantic HERC and Diversity Outreach
Job Category : Admin or Professional Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Director, Mid-Atlantic HERC and Diversity Outreach
The George Mason University Office of Human Resources and Payroll invites qualified applicants to apply for a Director, Mid-Atlantic HERC and Diversity Outreach vacancy. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The Mid-Atlantic Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (Mid-Atlantic HERC) works to promote equity and excellence in higher education recruitment throughout Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Responsibilities: The Director, Mid-Atlantic HERC and Diversity Outreach will execute and lead all aspects of regional Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC) activity and Human Resources and Payrolls diversity initiatives, job fairs, dual career program.
- Maintain a budget, whose resources come predominately from member dues, that fully supports the obligations and work of the Mid-Atlantic Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (MA-HERC), including affiliation dues to the central HERC, technology fees, director total compensation, regional programming and outreach and travel to in-person Advisory Board meetings;
- Fully manage prospective and current members - outreach, onboard, and engage;
- Maintain regular communication schedule with the membership;
- Support new initiatives at the central HERC level and incorporate into the region (community portal);
- Manage content (photos, resources, general information specific to needs of jobseekers) of regional web pages on the HERC website and social media channels;
- Ensure that print material to prospects, members and job seekers is consistent with national HERC expectations;
- Regional outreach and partnerships - establish relations that benefit the organization and its members and jobseekers. Participate in job fairs, maintain relationship with veteran/military spouse community through MSEP partnership; and
- Member events - use your creativity to develop in-person programs that meet the needs of the members. Rotate throughout the region as necessary to expand the scope of connection and offer opportunity for greater member inclusion.
Diversity Initiatives and Recruitment Responsibilities:
- Lead HR/Payrolls diversity initiatives, this includes:
- Consult and provide guidance to the entire Mason community on diversity issues in collaboration with the Office of Compliance, Diversity & Ethics;
- Develop customized solutions to improve the diversity of candidate pools;
- Ensure recruitment efforts comply with state and federal law as well as best practices on diversity hiring;
- Champion diversity by creating and implementing initiatives that improve candidate pool diversity; and
- Manage plans to promote and increase the number of veteran and disabled applicants as well as increase diversity in our applicant pools.
- Formulate a strategic plan to increase Masons presence in this competitive job market, this includes:
- Create a dual career program; and
- Generate other ideas to increase Masons recruitment efforts specifically related to Masons diversity initiatives/job fairs/dual career.
- Manage job fairs and outreach and other recruiting events, this includes:
- Coordinate all aspects of local and community job fairs as well as workshops geared towards ad creation and resume updating/writing; and
- Attend and represent Mason at local and community job fairs.
- Understand and work with Compliance, Diversity, and Ethics on Masons Affirmative Action Plan, and EEO requirements in order to meet the reporting requirements and keep applicant data up-to-date and in compliance.
- Masters degree with substantial human resources experience/recruitment experience, or Bachelors degree and work experience fostering diversity and inclusion initiatives, which equates to the advanced degree;
- Demonstrated excellent public speaking, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Proven experience in recruitment of people from diverse backgrounds; and
- Demonstrated experience in project/event management including financial operational, technology and/or marketing responsibilities or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Qualifications: * Experience in human resources (recruitment/diversity/dual-career), marketing, faculty affairs and the ability to facilitate a collaborative enterprise; * Knowledge of recruitment/employment laws and best practices; * Excellent time management; and * Proven ability to work collaboratively and in a team environment, but also ability to work independently when needed
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date : 2018-08-24