IT Support Technician III (1149-679)
This is an advanced mid-level IT technician position that will provide up to and including tier III level support on critical business systems and applications to internal users utilizing desktop and laptop computers through Microsoft and Apple operating systems, related hardware and other business-related software. The incumbent will be responsible for handling IT related tickets that are assigned through an ITSM ticketing system within SLA’s (Service Level Agreement), and according to ITSC’s policies and procedures. The incumbent must be proficient with the troubleshooting, building/upgrading, imaging, deploying and providing maintenance of desktops, laptops, printers and scanners. The selected candidate will be responsible for supporting projects and tasks that have been assigned to ITSC Technician I and II’s; and take a lead role on advanced mid-level assigned projects and tasks by the ITSC manager. Incumbent is to provide training and mentoring to IT Support Specialist I and II’s, and Customer Service Representative’s when applicable.Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide advanced mid-level support and resolutions for internal customers, working both remotely and on-site with hardware, software and other essential business systems as related to issues assigned through ITSC’s ticketing system in a mixed Microsoft and Apple Environment.
- Maintain the ITSM ticketing system by resolving tickets based on SLA’s and according to ITSC policies and procedures.
- Assist with the administration of USP’s desktop management tool – BMC Asset Core or Microsoft SCCM on patches, inventory, image and software license management.
- Provide management support for various print devices including network connected multifunction printers including Distribution printers that are critical to our core business operations
- Provide AD account administration.
- Provide Exchange Manager administration.
- Assist with IT System Management system with image builds, patch management and software license compliancy.
- Support users through remote access (VPN and Citrix).
- Build, image, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot desktops, laptops, printers, scanners, and other IT related equipment.
- Respond to, maintain and manage our various meeting locations computer hardware, VTC equipment, as well as the Online collaboration tools that are available to USP employees such as Cisco Jabber & WebEx
- Accurately track USP assets in the IT inventory tracking system.
- Assist on projects and tasks assigned to Desktop Support Specialist I, and II’s.
- Mentor and train IT Support Specialist, I and II’s, and Customer Service Representative’s when applicable.
- Lead role on advanced mid-level assigned projects and tasks assigned by ITSC Manager or Supervisor
- Must clearly and concisely communicate with USP staff both orally and in written form.
- Perform day-to-day duties and responsibilities with a high-level of customer service.
- Follow all established USP and IT SOPs, policies, and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or equivalent work-related experience listed below
- At least three (3) years of hands on experience supporting IT hardware, software, network services in an IT Service Center/Help Desk environment and or an equivalent combination of education and experience in an IT Service Center/Help Desk environment (5 years).
- At least two (2) years of experience with an ITSM ticketing system and one (1) year of experience with a Desktop Management system (LanDesk, SCCM, etc.)
- Skilled in the installation, troubleshooting, deployment, building/upgrading, and imaging of Windows operating systems and other Microsoft software.
- Experience supporting Dell desktops and laptops, HP printers and scanners and various peripherals.
- Knowledge and experience troubleshooting, managing & maintaining Apple Mac hardware, current and legacy Apple OS and related applications
- Demonstrated experience providing high-level desktop support, resolving escalated tickets, conducting training as required.
- Demonstrated experience using a Desktop Management system.
- Experience and understanding of LANs, network protocols, including IP addressing is necessary.
- Ability to lift a minimum weight of 25 lbs.
- Ability to thrive in a results-oriented environment with a strong customer service orientation and operate collaboratively at all levels of the organization in a highly technical environment.
- Ability to operate independently where appropriate, yet understand when to escalate issues and how to establish effective working relationships in a team setting.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal communications, writing, and strong listening skills are essential.
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular