Assistant Grill Manager
The Capitol Hill Club is a premier social club hosting some of the nation’s most influential people such as Presidents, Vice Presidents, GOP, Members of Congress, Governors, state party leaders and more. The Capitol Hill Club is looking for an Assistant Grill Manager to join a group of passionate people whose mission is to support the needs of our members and guests and deliver premier services to create great memories.
The core responsibility of the Assistant Grill Manager will be to monitor the grill floor including 75 room during lunch and part of dinner shift, including food service, member satisfaction with the food and service, interact with members and guests to ensure satisfaction, directing staff to meet members’ needs, and be prepared to assist the staff when needed.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need the following:
- Management Skills - Assist with new hires, trains, supervises, schedules and evaluates dining room staff.
- Front of the House – Supervise of the bar and dining room with knowledge of food and wine services
- Team player – Works collaboratively together with others to achieve the club’s goals
- Knowledgeable of POS System - Update menus and generate end of shift reports
- Work under pressure – Handle high volume of membership and guests
- Customer Service Oriented- “Hands On” approach and willing to go above and beyond the members' expectation to create great memories
- Excellent Communications Skills – Communicate effectively with members and motivate staff
Education and/or Experience
- Two years of casual or fine dining room
- Two years of supervisory experience
- Private club experienced preferred
- Formal hospitality education preferred
Licenses and Special Permits
- Alcoholic beverage certification preferred
- Food safety certification preferred
The club provides a competitive financial and benefits package. Benefits may include medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, ten days of vacations, ten personal days, paid holidays and a pension plan 100% funded by the club. You will have the chance to work with a great team of people, where ideas are welcome and a place to grow professionally. The club is located one block from the U.S. Capitol, and within walking distance, the Capitol Hill South metro station on the Blue/Orange/Silver metro station and Union Station on the Red Line are accessible for public transportation.
Capitol Hill Club is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.