Manager, Events and Corporate Relations
7 days left
- Full Time
About the Economic Club
The Economic Club of Washington, D.C. is a nonprofit membership organization that provides an important speaking forum for prominent business and government leaders to express their views on the most important economic and public policy issues of the day. The Economic Club is comprised of nearly 800 business leaders from the Washington metropolitan region.
The Economic Club of Washington, D.C. is seeking a full-time Manager of Events and Corporate Relations. Excellent opportunity to gain direct insight into the world of business and international affairs, interact directly with the highest echelon of business and political figures from around the world, and expand leadership skills by executing and producing highly professional, seamless meetings and events. The Economic Club holds at least 12 large events of 400 – 600 attendees; and 10 smaller group Executive Conversations and other committee and member to member events of 10 – 250 attendees throughout the season. Successful candidate is a highly organized, self-motivated, multi-tasking team player with strong oral and written communication skills, outstanding relationship skills, impressive attention to detail, and willingness to occasionally work outside a 9:00am to 5:30pm daily schedule. The Manager of Events and Corporate Relations reports to the Senior Manager, Events. Call and email members who are annual sponsors to encourage them to fill sponsor tables at events. Enhance Club relations with corporate sponsors by building good communications with key contacts.
- Set date, location, and manage the objective, timeline, program and task list for all Executive Conversations, Global Executive Conversations, and member to member events. On average, attendance is about 60 but may grow to 250. These events are held at various locations including embassies, sports venues, hotels, and other corporate office headquarters located in Washington DC.
- With the assistance of registration coordinator, Organize and manage the invitation, registration and attendee check-in processes for assigned events.
- Coordinate with vendors who have been contracted to support events, including: photographer, videographer, AV production companies, temporary staffing agency, program design/printing company, courier of supplies, etc.
- Manage and oversee supporting staff, including assignment of tasks, during assigned events.
- Create and maintain budgets for assigned events;
- Manage on-site production and clean-up for assigned events and committee meetings as necessary
- Assist Senior Manager with all Signature and special events and associated details as assigned.
- Willingness to expand responsibilities as needed with strategic direction set by the Executive Director
- Manage member relationships by coordinating sponsor table arrangements at signature events for Corporate Partners. Make recommendations for seating placement in room.
- Responsible for ensuring all Premier sponsor benefits are met by encouraging members to use table sponsorship at one event each year.
- During sponsorship recruitment drive, relay table management experience with membership/sponsorship team regarding history with each of the annual sponsors
- Recruit and confirm Club members to host dinners for other members in their homes. Send invitations to membership and organize attendance and send confirmations.
- Knowledge of all aspects of meeting and event planning
- Interest and experience in engaging with high echelon business leaders
- Evidence of a high degree of ethical behavior, ensuring an ability to maintain confidentiality and to independently resolve challenges
- Excellent multi-tasker able to juggle multiple high level events simultaneously with calm and focus and willing to put forth whatever effort is required to get the job done
- Strong proficiency with database systems (Cvent, Salesforce);
- Ability to gather data, compile information, analyze data in support of program planning and management
- Excellent communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills to effectively connect with Economic Club team members, vendors, Club members and their representatives
- Personal drive and ambition to continue growing and learning professionally
- Ability to effectively work with a high-performing, mission-driven staff.
- Demonstrated resilience to persevere and turn challenges into opportunities while meeting aggressive goals.
- Ability to be a self-starter and creative problem solver as well as a quick learner who is willing to ask questions and seek feedback.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree required, with at least 1 to 3 years of experience working in the meeting and event management field
- Previous experience with nonprofit, membership-driven organizations is preferred.
- Previous experience working in a small organization with a team-driven culture.
- Full benefits package including health and dental care, pension and monthly travel allowance.
- Vacation, sick leave, and 10 federal government holidays.
How to Apply
Please send resumes and cover letters indicating (a) your career aspirations, (b) current and relevant experience and (c) salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. For immediate consideration, please indicate when you would be available for a phone interview and when you are available for hire.
In the subject line of your email please indicate ECW, Manager, Events and Corporate Relations
Apply for Manager, Events and Corporate Relations
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly