Pathways Student Intern - Human Resources Specialist
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- UNITED STATES CITIZENSHIP: Must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
- SELECTIVE SERVICE: Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- INTERNSHIP: Must meet the requirements for the Internship Program.
- PROOF OF ENROLLMENT: Must be enrolled at least half time at a qualifying educational institution pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate at least half-time.
- BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION: Must complete a background investigation.
- DECLARATION FOR FEDERAL EMPLOYMENT: Selectee is required to complete a Declaration for Federal Employment (OF-306) to determine suitability for federal employment.
- STUDENT STATUS: You must maintain status as a current student while on this appointment.
- DEGREE: Must be related to the position.
- WORK SCHEDULE: Intern should be able to work at least 20 hours per week, depending on academic schedule, and preferably full-time during the summer.
- PHYSICAL LOCATION: Intern will be required to work onsite. Intern will work at the division office listed under duty location(s).
- TRIAL PERIOD: The intern is in a trial period throughout the entire Pathways Internship appointment.
This position has an education requirement. You MUST provide UPDATED transcripts that show any/all degrees conferred, current grades and registration with cumulative GPA to support your educational claims (acceptance letter is also required if applicable to current academic status).
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. http://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement. To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet the education requirements for the grade at which you are requesting consideration.
Grade 05 Completion of four academic years of post-high school study leading to a bachelor’s degree or four academic years of pre-professional study.
Grade 07 Completion of one academic year of graduate level education; OR bachelor’s degree with Superior Academic Achievement AND current enrollment/recent acceptance into a graduate degree program.
NOTE: Superior Academic Achievement is defined as based on (1) class standing, (2) grade point average, or (3) honor society membership.
1. Class standing -- Applicants must be in the upper third of the graduating class in the college, university, or major subdivision, such as the College of Engineering or the School of Business Administration, based on completed courses.
2. Grade-point average (G.P.A.)-- Applicants must have a grade-point average of: a) 3.0 or higher out of a possible 4.0 ("B" or better) as recorded on their official transcript, or as computed based on 4 years of education, or as computed based on courses completed during the final 2 years of the curriculum; or b) 3.5 or higher out of a possible 4.0 ("B+" or better) based on the average of the required courses completed in the major field or the required courses in the major field completed during the final 2 years of the curriculum.
3. Election to membership in a national scholastic honor society -- Applicants can be considered eligible based on membership in one of the national scholastic honor societies listed below. These honor societies are listed by the Association of College Honor Societies. Agencies considering eligibility based on any society not included in the following list must ensure that the honor society meets the minimum requirements of the Association of College Honor Societies. Membership in a freshman honor society cannot be used to meet the requirements of this provision.
For more information on Superior Academic Achievement, please visit the following link:
Qualification requirements in the vacancy announcement are based on the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Group Qualification Standard for Schedule D, Pathways Internship Positions at:
You must be a student currently enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an accredited college or university:
- Enrollment must be at least half-time course load as defined by the education institution (typically six hours or equivalent for undergraduate and three hours or equivalent for graduate).
- Maintain good academic standing, generally, at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA for undergraduate programs and a 3.0 GPA for graduate programs, on a 4.0 grading scale.
- Meet the qualification standards of the position.
- Relocation expenses will not be paid.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must sign a Pathways Internship Program Participant Agreement; furnish course registration information at the start of each school term; and provide verification of academic status (transcript) at the end of each academic term.
Special Instructions for Foreign Education: Qualifying education from colleges and universities in foreign countries must be evaluated in terms of equivalency to that acquired in U.S. colleges and universities. Applicants educated in whole or in part in foreign countries must submit sufficient evidence, including transcripts, to an accredited private organization for an equivalency evaluation of course work and degree. A listing of these accredited organizations can be found on the Department of Education's website - click here. You must provide a copy of the letter containing the results of the equivalency evaluation with a course by course listing along with your application. Failure to provide such documentation when requested will result in lost consideration.
For the definition of a qualifying educational institution, please use the following link: click here
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the definition of a Student: https://hru.gov/Studio_Recruitment/tools/Pathways%20Programs%20FAQ.pdf
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
If selected, you will be required to sign a Pathways Participant Agreement. Interns may work full-time during the summer and a flexible part-time work schedule during the school year (based on agency needs) while continuing their education.
You will be in a trial period throughout your entire Pathways Internship appointment. If selected by management, you are required to complete a Declaration for Federal Employment (OF-306) to determine your suitability for federal employment and to authorize a background investigation.
This is an Excepted Service appointment. As a part of the Pathways Internship Program, the appointment may be extended until the selectee's educational program requirements have been completed. You may be converted, without a break in service to a term (time-limited) or permanent appointment upon graduation provided that you are a US citizen who has worked at least 640 hours in an appropriate program and receive the recommendation of your supervisor for retention. There is no guarantee of a permanent position following this internship.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
BASIS FOR RATING:
For this announcement, all applicants will be reviewed to determine if they meet the basic qualifications for this position, specifically the educational and specialized experience requirements.
Applicants will not be rated or ranked.
All applications that are verified to meet the basic qualifications will be referred to the selecting official.
All answers provided in the on-line process must be substantiated by a resume. If, upon review, it is determined that your resume and/or supporting documents do not support your answer choices, your application may be removed from consideration.
Ultimately, the Automated Staffing Office is responsible for determining an applicant's eligibility. Please ensure that your resume provide enough detail to support your answers to the Vacancy Specific Questions.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No