Management Analyst (Recent Graduate)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
To qualify for the GS-07, you must possess at least one of the following:
- Have three years of progressively responsible general experience and at least one year of experience equivalent to the GS-05 grade level in the Federal service or private sector, performing the following duties: Work that involved analytical research and evaluation of diversified programs; and development, administration and control of assigned projects. Such experience may have been gained in administrative, professional, technical, investigative, or other responsible work. Experience in substantive and relevant secretarial, clerical, or other responsible work is qualifying if it provided evidence of the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the duties of this position. Experience of a general clerical nature (typing, filing, routine procedural processing, maintaining records, or other non-specialized tasks) is not creditable; OR,
- Have a 4 year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree; OR,
- Have some experience as described in A, but less than one year; and have more than one year but less than four years of education as described in B. (To compute the percentage, divide your total months of qualifying experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of graduate education beyond the first year by 18. Add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal at least 100 percent to qualify).
- Have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service or private sector, performing the following duties: Work involved in analytical research and evaluation of diversified programs; development, administration and control of assigned projects; ability to access, locate, basic design, and update information through the use of personal computer technology; OR,
- One full year of graduate level education; OR,
- Have some specialized experience as described in A, but less than one year; and have more than one year but less than one years of education as described in B. (To compute the percentage, divide your total months of qualifying experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of graduate education beyond the first year by 18. Add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal at least 100 percent to qualify).
YOUR RESUME MUST provide specific details as to how your experience meets the specialized experience as described in the vacancy announcement if you are using experience to meet all or part of the qualification requirements. Please ensure that your resume includes the month and year that you began and ended each position held or that position will not be credited toward meeting the specialized experience requirement. Full-time employment will be assumed unless otherwise stated on your resume. Part-time employment will be prorated in crediting experience. Failure to provide details will result in an ineligible rating.
YOUR RESUME MUST support your responses to the online questionnaire. Failure to provide support may result in an ineligible rating. Your latest resume submitted for this vacancy announcement will be used to determine qualifications and supersedes previous submissions.
You must complete all academic degrees and coursework at a college or university that has obtained accreditation or pre-accreditation status from an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools that meet this criteria, see www.ed.gov.
Foreign Education: If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must provide a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcripts in order to receive credit for that education (See Required Documents section). See also: http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/internationausnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
The Department of Justice is an equal employment opportunity employer: https://www.justice.gov/jmd/file/790081/download.
Schedule A: DOJ welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities and is firmly committed to satisfying its affirmative obligations under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 to ensure that persons with disabilities have every opportunity to be hired and advance on the basis of merit within the Department.
Selective Service: If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law. Additional information is found at: www.sss.gov.
Reasonable Accommodation Requests: If you believe you have a disability (i.e., physical or mental), covered by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended and Americans with Disabilities Act 1990 as amended, that would interfere with completing the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments, you will be granted the opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation in your online application. Requests for Reasonable Accommodations for the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments and appropriate supporting documentation for Reasonable Accommodation must be received prior to starting the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. Decisions on requests for Reasonable Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis. If you meet the minimum qualifications of the position, after notification of the adjudication of your request, you will receive an email invitation to complete the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. You must complete all assessments within 48 hours of receiving the URL to access the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments, if you received the link after the close of the announcement. To determine if you need a Reasonable Accommodation, please review the Procedures for Requesting a Reasonable Accommodation for Online Assessments here: https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Reasonable_Accommodations_for_USA_Hire
Trial Period: You will serve a trial period during your participation in the Recent Graduate Program. Participant Agreement: You must sign a Pathways Recent Graduate Participant Agreement.
Resume Submission: Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The assessments for the GS-7 will measure the following competencies:
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Skills
- Stress Tolerance
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Service
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal Skills
- Stress Tolerance
You must complete the USA Hire Assessment within (48 hours) hours of being sent the email invitation to be eligible for this job. Your results will be kept on record for use when applying for future jobs that require this USA Hire Assessment. You will not be allowed to re-take it for one year. Please note: It is important that you monitor your email daily, after you apply for the job so you don't miss the invitation. If you accidentally delete the invitation to the USA Hire Assessment or otherwise need the information re-sent (e.g., you feel you have not received it due to a SPAM filter), you should immediately contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request the invitation to be re-sent. Requests to re-send invitations to the USA Hire Assessment must be received by email@example.com. BEFORE expiration of the (48 hours) window described above. Please also monitor your Spam/Junk email folder to ensure you do not miss the link to take the USA Hire Assessment. If you do not meet the qualifications required for the job, you will not receive an invitation to complete the USA Hire Assessment. If you are found ineligible for the position:You will receive an email message notifying you of your ineligibility.
- You will receive an email message notifying you of your ineligibility.
- Your USAJOBS account will be updated to reflect your ineligibility for the position.
- You will not be considered further for the position.