ASSISTANT GENERAL COUNSEL
All applicants must be U.S. citizens and are subject to a thorough background inquiry.
1. Active membership in the bar of the highest court of a State, U.S. commonwealth, U.S. territory, or the District of Columbia.
2. ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A RESUME, COVER LETTER AND WRITING SAMPLE PRIOR TO THE CLOSING OF THE VACANCY TO JUNE.E.SOSNA@DODIIS.MIL. and LATOYA.SCOTT3@DODIIS.MIL
3. Demonstrate excellent oral communication skills.
4. Demonstrate excellent research and writing skills and submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample prior to the closing of the vacancy to JUNE.E.SOSNA@DODIIS.MIL.
5. Serves as a resource to others regarding relevant regulations, guidelines, laws, and directives with demonstrated research and writing skills.
6. Demonstrates and promotes open communication of sensitive topics or challenging issues both within and across teams and facilitates the opportunity for everyone to exchange information and viewpoints openly and without judgment
HIGHLY DESIRED SKILLS
1. Demonstrated experience in dealing with technology and acquisition issues.
2. Demonstrated experience providing legal and policy advice to clients on data and privacy issues.
3. Working level experience, exposure, or familiarity with federal or commercial litigation involving technology and/or intellectual property issues.
1. Juris Doctor in General Studies
Assignments require the first professional law degree (LL.B. or J.D.) and active membership in the bar of the highest court of a State, U.S. commonwealth, U.S. territory, or the District of Columbia. In addition, the attorney shall have professional legal experience in excess of 5 years that is commensurate with the duties and responsibilities of the position. Attorneys performing duties in GS-14, GS-15, or equivalent-level positions, are expected to perform with substantial independence even when working on the most complex or difficult matters.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
In order to qualify for this position, your application must include sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position to which you are applying. To view this position's requirements, click Vacancies to be directed to DIA's online application system. Please make note of the position title and 6-digit Job Opening ID number to which you are interested. You can scroll to the bottom of the page to locate the announcement or click on the “Advanced Search” link and enter in the 6-digit Job Opening ID number in the “Job Opening ID” field.Read more Security clearance Top Secret/SCI