Admin Office Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Administrative Associate, Deanâ€™s Office
The George Mason University, School of Business is looking for an energetic, organized and detail oriented Administrative Associate to support the Deanâ€™s Office. This is a full-time classified staff position with full benefits. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The Administrative Associate position has responsibilities in the following areas: Office Support for the Dean and Deanâ€™s Office Leadership Team which includes:
- Assist the Executive Assistant (EA) to the Dean with the deanâ€™s schedule and associated activities and logistics in accordance with the deanâ€™s priorities and expectations, including presentations, speaking engagement, outreach contacts and professional activities;
- Work in conjunction with Deanâ€™s Office colleagues to support the procurement, calendaring, reporting, database management, budget, accreditation and general office administrative functions for the school as needed;
- Processing travel authorizations and reimbursements; and
- Serve as a customer service representative in the deanâ€™s office for all administrative support inquiries and as back up for Deanâ€™s Executive Assistant. Reception and Hosting services which includes:
- Provide receptionist services for all visitors to the deans office and hosting services for the office conference rooms;
- Serve as the initial point of contact for all traffic through the Deanâ€™s office; and
- Accept and sort mail and packages for the Deanâ€™s office. Coordination of Deanâ€™s Office College Work Studyâ€™s which includes:
- Work in conjunction with the Deanâ€™s Executive Assistant to coordinate the hiring, training and schedule for the CWS/information desk interns for support of the reception function and routine administrative matters. Special Project Work and Event Planning:
- Execute special projects and initiatives that support the strategic mission of the school and assist with event planning as assigned. Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Excellent computer skills with working knowledge of all applications in Microsoft Office, database expertise, and e-mail and network applications;
- Ability to organize and manage complex administrative processes;
- Ability to work with senior management personnel;
- Ability to handle matters with discretion and maintain absolute confidentiality in a highly visible office;
- Ability to effectively communicate and manage workflow with multiple stakeholders to achieve results, as well as independently; and
- Professional demeanor, appearance, good citizenship and the ability to work well with colleagues. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working in a higher education environment;
- Experience with the Commonwealth of Virginiaâ€™s procurement system (eVA);
- Experience purchasing goods and services for an organization;
- Experience processing travel authorizations and reimbursements for an organization;
- Excellent communication, analytical, strategic thinking and organizational skills; and
- Proactive problem solving skills, attention to detail, ability to motivate, and ability to learn new tasks quickly.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02836z by August 2, 2018 by completing and submitting the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and list of professional references. We will contact you directly if we require additional materials. Review of applications will begin on August 3, 2018 and continue until the position is filled.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :